Organic Search Strategist full-time
Summary of role
The Organic Search Strategist is responsible for developing SEO strategies and driving results on a portfolio of client accounts across all areas of organic search. In collaboration with assigned project teams, they are responsible for the overall execution of client projects and deliverables and for ensuring that all client accounts are proactively managed and optimized.
The successful candidates will be responsible for researching and analyzing client objectives to develop, manage and optimize campaigns across desktop and mobile to ensure that their clients' websites have exceptional visibility in search results. They will be able to research search traffic and behavior to recommend keywords and strategies that will ensure that high intent customers can find the client's website through search.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Manages client Performance Media campaigns
- Responsible for the execution and management of client campaigns across multiple platforms;
- Delivers exceptional results to clients through the proactive and creative optimization of campaigns;
- Tracks, monitors and ensures that campaigns are delivering against all KPI's and is able to proactively evolve campaigns to react to competitive activities and changes in the search engines;
- Reports on campaign performance to the account team and to clients;
- Reviewing account performance to ensure successful delivery of client objectives;
- Proactive communication with account leads to drive the optimization and growth of accounts;
- Delivers and reports on campaigns using the Mediative Methodology;
2. Maintains and builds their industry insight and expertise
- Monitors and researches industry changes and developments;
- Maintains their knowledge of the latest changes in search engine methodologies;
- Is able to determine what are black hat techniques and ensures they are not par to client campaigns;
- College or University diploma in Marketing or equivalent;
- 2 -- 5 years experience in a similar role with increasing responsibility;
- Deep understanding of organic search and search behaviors;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially with MS Excel and Powerpoint;
- Business writing and presentation development;
- Meeting planning experience;
- A positive attitude and strong initiative;
- Analytic thinker with an appetite to trawl data and find insights to drive recommendations;
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to articulate and explain complex ideas;
- Ability to build and analyze reports and to make recommendations;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability in managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Some of the things you'll enjoy working at Mediative:
- Work with motivated, fun, experienced team members who are the best at what they do, in an organization experiencing exciting growth and opportunity!
- 3 weeks vacation;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Benefits plan - premiums paid 100% by Mediative Performance;
- Other benefits like a free Costco membership, a gym subsidy!
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Mediative is a digital marketing company providing performance services and access to media platforms. Organizations who want to significantly enhance their digital presence and influence buyers turn to Mediative to help generate revenue by quickly moving their targets from awareness to purchase. Location and research-based data fuels Mediative's insight, which is leveraged across consultative performance services, online properties, and location-based marketing platforms in the dynamic digital world. With precise and unmatched knowledge of how "shoppers and clients buy", Mediative takes a consultative and holistic approach, based on their people's passion for insight and results, to provide the outcomes marketers and businesses need now, and for the future. Mediative has over 150 employees across four Canadian offices: Montreal, Toronto, Kelowna and Vancouver. Mediative is a Yellow Pages Group company.