Posting Date:October 12, 2011
Position Title:Online Media Editor (12 month term)
Reports to:Senior Advisor, Digital Marketing
The Online Media Editor is responsible for providing leadership, coordination, and review services to support the consistent and timely development of digital content, with a view to creating an effective digital presence for the company. This includes documenting an overall content strategy; coordination and editing of content created by Communications team members; curating the Internet for valuable related content; and some content creation to integrate or bridge disparate messages for integrated vehicles or projects.
- Working closely with Senior Communications Advisors and the Online Metrics Analyst, participate in, document and manage an overall digital content strategy and editorial calendar (including media relations), based on known business goals and insights provided by analytics and teammates.
- Collaborate with members of the Communications team to drive progress against the calendar, and to adjust plans as required.
- Provide counsel to Communications team members on effective digital content creation (style, tone, user experience, fit with selected digital
- Review and edit content for consistency and voice.
- Research and curate relevant content from external sources, to redeploy on the company's online properties.
- Participate in creation of e-magazine(s); manage content coordination, edit as required, and manage production.
- Provide direction to production resources (e.g. web publisher, e-marketing coordinator) as required.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism, or media relations
- Minimum 5 years in journalism or content management, with a minimum of 3 years in a digital environment encompassing website, e-mail marketing, and social media.
- In-depth writing and editing skills
- Strong understanding of internet analytics
- High proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency with Content Management Systems (CMS) and e-mail marketing platforms
- Solid understanding of overall web environment and business dynamics
- Experience in health care sector a strong asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) a strong asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues and offer / implement resolutions.
- Ability to quickly grasp and manage conflicting points of view
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills