Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSE and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.
In 2013, Ritchie Bros. will launch a new, game-changing online solution for industrial equipment owners who buy and sell directly. We are now in the process of building the team that will launch and run the new solution. As a result, we have an immediate opening for an Online Marketing Specialist, based at our global head office in Burnaby, BC.
What we offer
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Salary and Comprehensive Benefits
- Group RRSP and Employee share purchase plan both with company match
- On-going management and leadership development training
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Access to our free onsite gym, which also hosts a variety of fitness programs
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere
- River views, and Fraser River walking trails right across the street
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Online Marketing Specialist will have a deep understanding of our target market, and “own the voice” of the new online solution so that it is meaningful and resonates with our customers. You will be creating, developing and executing the online marketing strategy.
This is not a ‘cookie cutter’, one-size-fits-all role. As the online persona for the new solution, you will wear many hats and play a key role in the highly successful market launch of this start-up venture.
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Creating, developing, posting and managing content for Ritchie Bros. new online solution, and / or oversee, proofread, approve and post content created by others
- Moderating online communications between Ritchie Bros. and our customers, and customer to customer (via a Ritchie Bros. supported community)
- Using various online tools and techniques to identify targeted online communities, listening / monitoring online conversations, and reaching Ritchie Bros. target customers online
- Archiving relevant web-based information for future needs and reference
- Tracking and reporting all site metrics, using web analytics tools to monitor and optimize user experience and customer conversion rates
- Working closely with Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Marketing and Communications teams to coordinate efforts.
Here is what you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- 3-5 years experience managing content and production for high-growth, high-traffic web sites; Experience with a successful start up online venture is an asset
- Exceptional English communication skills, a 2nd language is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, and significant experience with popular web analytics systems and content management applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and complex projects
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in the industrial / heavy equipment industry – and an in-depth understanding of industrial / heavy equipment owner customers
- Genuinely customer focused
- Effective and persuasive communicator (both written and spoken)
- Independent, assertive; strategic thinker, a passion to be the best in your field
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job