As Manager, Online Marketing within the AbeBooks Marketing team, you will be responsible for defining strategy and executing programs to drive traffic to the AbeBooks web sites. Duties will include building and implementing online marketing campaigns, paid and organic search activities (PPC, SEO), re-targeting campaigns, affiliate marketing, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of supporting cross functional teams to identify goals and build effective marketing strategies. You will provide the necessary leadership skills to direct and manage a team that runs the PPC, SEO and Affiliate measures for AbeBooks.
Most importantly, you will drive the effective use of internal and external analytics tools to measure our success and ROI, analyzing the effectiveness of campaigns, modifying campaigns based on conclusions (e.g., optimize campaigns using A/B testing), and clearly articulating results to senior management.
- Create and successfully drive awareness of and sales on AbeBooks web sites through innovative and effective programs and online marketing campaigns (SEO, PPC, Affiliates, etc.).
- Champion new ideas - identify opportunities for new, innovative programs and initiatives. Develop proposals for new ideas and present them to management and other key stakeholders as needed to gain support.
- Build comprehensive reports that provide detailed analysis of campaign spend and results, along with insights and recommendations
- Manage, direct and develop a team of product managers and marketing specialists.
- Work closely with merchandising and design teams, sales and account management, PR, and senior management to drive business and achieve goals.
- Build relationships with channel managers at Amazon and other Amazon subsidiaries for proactive knowledge and benchmark exchange.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in online marketing. Experience in e-commerce environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study
- Expert knowledge of search engine optimization, social media networks, and affiliate networks.
- Proven experience working with industry tools and analytics packages, such as Google Adwords, BI and analytics packages.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to deliver high quality results.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Ability to present ideas to various levels of an organization to explain and gain support for initiatives.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.