Online Marketing Manager (Downtown, Vancouver, B.C.)
Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. We currently administer over $8 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been ranked best Online Broker from The Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
The Online Marketing Manager will manage digital marketing activities to support key online marketing goals. The ideal candidate will provide subject matter expertise, drive conversation and conversions through digital channels with a specific focus on web, paid search, SEO, online advertising, content marketing, email, social media and analytics.
Campaign development, management and analytics
· Manage online campaign programs including PPC search, display, retargeting, affiliate, etc. This may include:
o Identifying campaign opportunities, setting goals, developing campaign tactics (i.e. keywords, ads, etc.) facilitating approval across many stakeholders, executing campaign, measuring and tactically adjusting along the way.
o Building, testing and optimizing PPC campaigns across multiple networks
o Develop, manage and measure email/content marketing campaigns targeting prospective and current clients.
o Manage the build of landing pages that optimize conversion rates
o Develop and manage an online promotion calendar
o Work with any external vendors as required
o Collaborate with the internal creative team to develop any creative assets
Website Content Management
- Manage and update content for multiple websites. This includes new content and existing content.
- Develop monitoring process to ensure content is up to date across large sites with many pages.
Website User Experience
· Under the direction of the Vice President, Online Marketing & Digital, and working collaboratively with internal designers, participate as key user interface advisor/lead on identified website projects.
Search Engine Optimization
· Continually identify opportunities for organic Search Engine Optimization and manage all search engine optimization activities
Measurement & Reporting
- Define, analyze, track results (e.g. traffic, revenue, email acquisitions, conversions, etc.) and interpret success levels against a defined set of key metrics to optimize ROI and online experience
- Provide monthly and quarterly performance reports, projections, and reviews on all key performance metrics
Social and Community Management
· Manage social presence for the organization
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of hands on experience in a digital marketing environment
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing disciplines – web, SEO, email, social media, data and analytics, planning and implementation.
- Considerable experience in both Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing including:
o Google Adwords & PPC Management
o Google Analytics
o Conversion optimization
- Considerable experience with email marketing and email marketing tools.
- Expert understanding and experience in search engine algorithms and associated areas of online communications
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide insight on digital KPI analytics and present effective solutions to drive optimization strategies.
- Considerable experience with social marketing
- Experience managing the development of user friendly marketing-oriented websites
- Solid knowledge of current web standards and conventions
- Understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and other current web languages and standard would be an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and ability to execute accurately and effectively to deadlines.
- Strong communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest to discover and understand new digital technologies
- Experience working in large teams comprised of stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Cultural fit in a lean, flat, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to roll with and manage change.
- A positive attitude and ability to have your team’s back and drive hard to reach aggressive goals together.
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Relevant university degree
- Experience in CPG or brand marketing would be an asset
- Marketing experience in the financial services or investments industry is highly desirable.
Location: We are located downtown Vancouver at the Bentall One Building (corner of Burrard and Pender). 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain station.