Online Marketing Guru full-time
ethicalDeal was born out of a mission of making green mainstream. We use the group-buying model to introduce people to green alternatives - making it easy and fun for people to discover their green city! We’re re-defining local advertising while pursuing our mission of making green mainstream.
Recognized as one of the top startups to watch by Fast Company we are looking for talented people to help us reach our goals. We offer our daily green deals in cities across North America. Our deals are planet, people and animal friendly versions of mainstream sites like 65 per cent off eco-friendly cleaning services, 60 per cent off green home products, 50 per cent off vegan restaurants, and 75 per cent off eco-friendly spas.
Affiliate Marketing, SEO, PPC, CPMs, A/B Testing, Landing Page Optimization, Conversion Rates, Sales Funnels: Do these terms mean anything to you? Extra points if you get excited just reading them on the page.
We are looking for a highly motivated and results driven online marketing specialist. Your goal is to grow our community of ethicalShoppers by generating a high volume of quality subscribers, optimizing the funnel so that they convert to customers, while at the same time championing our affiliate program and growing our sales from third parties.
As a green deal site our value proposition to advertisers is in the types of customers we drive them (green finders not deal finders). Your passion and understanding of the green consumer market will guide your messaging and acquisition strategy and help you develop affiliate partnerships with likeminded websites.
This is a hands on position with a significant amount of responsibility. You will be leading large-scale customer acquisition efforts and helping us launch in markets across North America. The position doesn’t have the fancy director or manager title because we didn’t want to attract managers that just manage and direct. We want doers that can think strategically, own their role, work hard, and can grow with the company. You’ll be reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with our community, design and development teams.
We are looking for analytically minded marketers that are great at building relationships, but also love numbers and optimization. You will work with minimal supervision and direction. To be successful, you will have very strong writing and editing skills, a strong attention to detail, excellent computer skills (Excel and google analytics skills critical), be dependable, well organized and have an appetite for continual improvement.
This is an opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing company, make your mark in the online marketing space and align your work with your values. You’ll be working from our headoffice in downtown Vancouver.
- At least 5 years of experience in online marketing, preferably in ecommerce
- General understanding of what goes into all aspects of successful marketing e.g. affiliate marketing, PPC, media buying, SEO, conversion optimization, keyword research and web analytics
- Experience with affiliate networks (preferably CJ), affiliate structures, affiliate management and affiliate network development
- Successfully develop new scalable acquisition channels and optimize to ensure KPI’s are being met (facebook, google, referral, third party, email, paid search campaigns, display advertising)
- Identify, prospect, negotiate and optimize media buys
- Optimize all elements of consumer experience from offsite click (pricing, placement, ad copy/images, etc.) to onsite experience (landing page, messaging, etc.)
- Analyze, calculate and track key marketing metrics for each channel
- Develop and do a/b testing on landing pages
- Develop an inhouse metrics-dashboard evaluating all online marketing channels and ensuring programs are achieving targets and staying within budget
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
- Analytical mind
- Creative with a passion for business and team work
- Be goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Identify existing and emerging trends in online marketing and offer appropriate recommendations for how to capitalize on or respond to the trends
- Start-up experience an asset or a passion for entrepreneurial environments
Depends on your skills/experience and what motivates you. That being said this is a start-up company not a fortune 500. We pay fairly, include you in our growth, and have an array of perks that can’t be found in a fortune 500. You also get to align your work with your values and help us make green mainstream.
We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.