Spaenaur is Canada's largest distributor of standard and specialized fasteners for a wide range of applications. Founded in 1936, Spaenaur is entering a new phase of growth and is seeking dynamic, results oriented individuals who will help ensure our brand is dominant in our defined markets.
We have an opening for an Online Marketing Specialist. This position is directly responsible for the company's online marketing execution with active involvement in the development and continuous enhancements of a new website, social media programs and other electronic media. Participation in the planning of other integrated marketing, customer satisfaction and catalog programs will also be involved.
- Act as company's main point of contact with outsourced marketing vendors during development of a new, expanded website (which will include language options)
- Manage required project plans for website development
- Maintain and enhance the company web site including search engine optimization (SEO) and timely addition of new information as required.
- Maintain electronic corporate and marketing collateral materials including product videos and presentation material.
- Develop approved on-line promotional programs (e.g. Google Adwords). Recommend improvements and innovations.
- Initiate and implement the development of appropriate, approved social media programs.
- Monitor performance metrics for online programs. Report monthly analysis. Adjust programs per process accountabilities, above.
- Ensure smooth, ongoing operation of online programs by arranging for IT to address any technical issues and/or necessary improvements.
- Contribute to the development of communications plans based on annual strategic objectives.
- General undergraduate degree with a preferred emphasis on Marketing, Web Design and exposure to Information Technologies
- Minimum three to five years experience in a similar role is preferable
- Proficiency with one or more Web Content Management Systems
- Experience with Adobe CS4 Suite, Dream Weaver, Flash; SQL Server and related programs to support web implementation and maintenance strategies
- Experience with website and digital marketing tools and administration to ensure ongoing IT support for online strategies
- Experience with development and enhancement of social media programs including engagement strategies and monitoring of metrics across various platforms
- Demonstrated experience with web analytics tools and SEO and SEM
- Strong planning and prioritizing skills to effectively manage multiple requests/issues
- Detail oriented with a high level of organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with IT, product teams and external contacts