The Online Communications Coordinator will play an important role in ensuring we provide top-tier digital experiences for our stakeholders. The individual is a member of the Corporate Communications Department and a key contributor in achieving our organization’s long-term online vision. The Coordinator is responsible for keeping our existing web content up to date and managing the online process with business stakeholders. To succeed in this role, the individual collaborates with others and is a self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, maintain and monitor website/mobile development, digital assets and social media resources for Corporate Communications, adhering to strategic guidelines and budget requirements (85%)
- Formatting, testing and posting content generated by others in a timely and efficient manner, following editorial review and approval processes
- Creating and editing of digital assets (images, audio, video, and interactive) and mock ups for web channels.
- Documenting functional and design requirements, as appropriate.
- Participating in efforts to make the Teachers’ online channels as efficient and effective as possible
- Staying abreast of industry standards for web and mobile sites, including emerging technologies, design techniques and usability
2. Backs up Supervisor, Corporate Online Communications Services (10%)
- Working with the Supervisor and external knowledge experts to develop and maintain a web and social corporate strategy across multiple audiences and platforms.
- Research and recommend new media and trends as part of an overall strategy
- Assists the Corporate Intranet Producer, as required during busy periods
3. Other duties as assigned (5%)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- University/College Degree or Professional Certificate in Digital Media, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Web Design/Development and current web technologies
- Strong interest and hands on experience in the following capacities:
- Content Management Tools/Systems
- Responsive Design
- General understanding of best practices in usability
- General understanding of website metrics
- SEO/SEM (Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing)
- Social Media applications/Platforms and best practices
- Mobile Website/Mobile Applications
- Email marketing best practices
- Working knowledge of the following: Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Taxonomy, IBM Lotus, Microsoft Sharepoint, Brightcove Video Platform and HootSuite
- Knowledge of object oriented programming (OOP) an asset
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven ability to deliver a project from concept to completion
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in financial services industry an asset
- Knowledge of French an asset