Ranked as one of Canada’s Top 50 Small & Medium Employers for 2014, Absolute is the largest software technology company headquartered in downtown Vancouver. We're centrally located in the heart of Vancouver's financial district - great views, close to shops, restaurants, Skytrain and everything else. There's free pop and coffee every day, fresh fruit delivered weekly, a popcorn machine, “Pizza Fridays”, annual special events, as well as company-funded soccer, hockey, and softball teams.
We are currently looking for a results-driven, self-motivated .NET Developer to join our Web Marketing Team. This position will be based in Vancouver BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support code-based changes to the corporate websites
- Work with the IT and Product Development teams to integrate the website with other internal applications
- Assist with daily website and server maintenance tasks, such as builds, scans, and log reviews.
- Assist with research and optimizing the corporate websites.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance
· 3-5 years of software development experience including:
- Three or more years of web development
- One or more years of .NET development
- Experience with SQL server
- Experience in:
- C#, ASP.NET
- Visual Studio and Source Control
- Localization and translation
- IIS 6/7, windows server 2008
- T/SQL, LINQ
- Tracing, debugging, logging
Experience with any of the following would be helpful:
- Web Content Management Systems
- Microsoft CRM/Sharepoint
- Google Analytics
- Knowledge of HTML 5 and AJAX
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Demonstrate dedication and passion for the work, the team, and Absolute Software
- Execute plans, meet commitments, and be accountable