We are seeking an action oriented, driven National Director of Marketing – Core Brands & New Product Development to join our team. This position is responsible for the growth of APL's Non-VQA wine and Whitespace portfolios through existing brand development and new brand introduction. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and coaching abilities, strong communication skills, new product development experience and brand management acumen.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Developing APL's portfolio strategies for International Canadian Blended Wine (ICB), Bottled in Market Import Wine (BIM), Bottled in Country of Origin Wine (BIC), other wine based products, Spirits, Cider, and other beverage alcohol.
- Developing the strategic direction and annual marketing plans for all brands in these portfolios
- Developing and utilizing business insights to drive growth of existing brands and to introduce new brands.
- Supporting APL's new efforts in brand development in the Quebec market.
- Coaching and mentoring Brand Managers, the Product Planning Manager as well as providing brand direction to the Trade and Channel Marketing Managers, on a consistent basis on the development and execution of the marketing plans.
- Managing day to day relationships with key external agencies
- Actively participating in major Supply Chain, Margin Improvement and Omnichannel projects.
- Acting as the "Product Lead" in the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process working toward continuously improving IBP Product Process.
- Partnering and actively participating in Sales meetings/sessions to help develop each fiscal years merchandizing strategies and tactics.
- Preparing for and attending meetings with customers as needed by Sales.
- Providing marketing support to the VQA Portfolio, the Sales Division, the Wine Kit Division and the Business Intelligence Division as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Bachelor of Communication or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- 10 - 15 years of brand management experience.
- 10 – 15 years of proven coaching/leadership experience.
- Experience/knowledge of the wine, spirit and/or other beverage alcohol industries an asset– experience in spirits is a strong asset.
- Strong ability to collect and analyze data.
- Proficient understanding of Mintel, Alcohol Consumption Tracker (ACT) syndicated research and industry reading required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with COGNOS an asset. Comfortable in learning and using internal database information.
- Up to date in social/digital /mobile marketing opportunities.
- Proven ability to work under tight timelines in an environment of changing priorities and multi-tasking.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information.
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- National travel required.
- Ability to work evenings regularly. Some weekend work required to meet business deadlines and address travel requirements.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy", internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.
Closing 15-Oct-2015 (PST)