The Multimedia Designer develops specialized graphic design work and provides design solutions for multiple display platforms through conceptualization, storyboarding and production of marketing, advertising and communication materials.
As part of the Creative Services department, this role will visualize concepts quickly and clearly in a production environment and work collaboratively with Marketing, User Experience, Web Development and Product Development teams.
- Designs and produces both static and motion graphics for websites, online applications, mobile apps, digital signage and other user interfaces (UI).
- Creates clean, crisp, modern designs whilst understanding current usability and design trends.
- Produces multimedia materials from concept to design, development and implementation and collaborates with internal teams on production activities.
- Proactively develops and maintains strong working relationships with various internal contacts while providing design and technical expertise, solutions and recommendations.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Certification/diploma/degree in Multimedia Design, Graphic Arts or Motion Graphics/Animation from a recognized institution;
- 3 to 5 years professional experience with a strong preference for extensive experience in a web environment and/or with motion graphics;
- Experience using functional specifications, wireframes, site maps, storyboards and prototypes to create designs;
- An up to date online portfolio featuring a range of Multimedia design with a focus on web /interface design and motion graphics;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Current knowledge of new technologies and current trends;
- In-depth knowledge of user interface design principals, responsive web design, user centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies;
- Ability to quickly visualize and communicate concepts through sketching or other rapid design methods;
- Strong proficiency with design tools such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Premiere and InDesign;
- Knowledge of Web best practices, clean and organized code;
- Knowledge of motion graphic development and production (i.e. storyboarding, previs, video editing and encoding);
- Ability to work within established deadlines and time constraints;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal , time management multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills in a fast paced, marketing driven environment;
- Ability to work within a team of designers, while being strongly motivated and possessing strong self-initiative;
- Strong, cross platform computer skills – MS office suite;
- Strong knowledge of online gambling an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.