Blink is a Vancouver-based agency who have been creating amazing projects for our clients for over 10 years. Those clients include big names from across Canada and the US, as well as small, unique clients with fascinating stories to tell. We’re a tight-knit group that focuses on quality and connecting to the message that we’re trying to convey. Although rooted in video production, we support our clients in any medium they need.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, multi-project environment with plenty of opportunities to flex your creative muscles we would love to meet you.
MOTION GRAPHICS ARTIST OVERVIEW
The Motion Graphics Artist collaborates with the Creative Director, Art Director: Motion Graphics and Production team to create full motion graphics animated videos and deliver motion graphics elements for live-action video projects. The role requires someone with strong creative ideas and the skills to execute on those ideas from creating style frames and storyboards to full 2D and 3D motion graphics.
The Motion Graphic Artist needs to have top-notch technical skills and thrive on pushing creative boundaries.
Day-to-date duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing creative concepts for client-focused Motion Graphics projects client needs and brand requirements
- Creating storyboards and participating in animatic design
- Designing and producing animation elements
- Designing and creating video assets such as lower thirds, transitions, etc.
- Creating elements for promotional spots, graphic campaigns and other print- and web-based materials as required
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Certificate or Diploma in motion graphics design or a related artistic field
- Minimum 5 year’s work experience in a similar role with a show reel or portfolio demonstrating your skills
- Advanced technical skills including After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Exceptional 2D and 3D animation skills including motion tracking, keying, compositing, matting and colour correction
- Outstanding typographic knowledge and design sensibilities
- A good understanding of motion graphics workflow and its technical considerations
- A strong creative eye with exceptional attention to detail
- A strong conceptual thinker who approaches projects with an idea, not a style
- Knowledge of brand standards and identity
- Excellent multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well on your own as well as part of a team
- Traditional artistic talents such as illustration, drawing & photography would be a bonus
- Formal Graphic Design training ideal, but not mandatory
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime as required
- If you are not a Canadian Citizen you must be able to provide paperwork to prove that you’re legally allowed to work in Canada
Competitive (negotiable based on experience).