Metro Marketing & Community Relations Liaison (6-12 Month Contract)
This Team Member provides strategic marketing direction, expertise, and support to multiple stores as assigned. Candidates should have a proven track record in brand management, process management, operational marketing execution, community relations, advertising execution, retail merchandising, and social media engagement. Candidates should possess the ability to manage across multiple lines of business to generate consensus while driving execution. This role is responsible for the cultivation of community partnerships, giving days, and donations. We seek an expert communicator and connector with the heart and soul of a retailer, and a sincere passion for food and the missions of Whole Foods Market. Job duties will include occasional travel, particularly for new store openings. This position primarily supports our Vancouver area stores and is based out of our Pacific Northwest Regional offices in Burnaby, BC.
General Planning & Marketing
- Provide strategic marketing direction, expertise, and support to stores in the metro.
- Build Whole Foods Market brand in the metro and deepen company’s footprint in community.
- Create and execute metro event and partnership opportunities, ensuring optimal ROI.
- Create and execute out-of-store marketing events. Facilitate in-store marketing events executed by other Team Members.
- Develop quarterly marketing plans, manage budgets and hit stated targets outlined by Marketing and Operations leadership.
- Assist with and/or lead store opening marketing initiatives.
- Maintain working knowledge of each assigned store’s demographics, key metrics and shopping patterns.
Community Marketing & Partnerships (Outreach)
- Responsible for external relationships, sponsorships, events and partnerships in metro.
- Partner with region and stores to represent Whole Foods Market among civic, charitable, and government organizations.
- Create and execute metro sponsorships and charitable giving/donations initiatives.
- Maintain win-win relationships with key community partners.
- Coordinate 5% Days and other fundraising events to build strong partnerships with mission-aligned nonprofits in the community.
Digital & Social Media/Metro Media Relations & Digital Marketing
- Create social media strategies in partnership with Regional Social Media Specialist and execute social media and copy-writing tasks.
- Work with Regional Social Media Specialist to implement daily social strategy and monitor store social accounts.
- Update and manage store web pages as needed with store and metro promotions and event information.
In Store Marketing & Brand Standards
- Support and strengthen Whole Foods Market's brand standards in stores.
- Shop competition for quality standards, pricing and community outreach efforts.
Policy & Administrative Responsibilities
- Report weekly activity, travel, store issues, project status to Marketing Associate Coordinator
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that sustains high Team Member morale
- Provide timely, thoughtful, and thorough performance evaluations for self and other colleagues’ Job Dialogues
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
- Serv-safe certification required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3 - 5 years professional marketing experience
- Superior communications skills, especially with store operations personnel
- Previous, relevant consumer marketing experience with strategic responsibilities
- High degree of self-direction, self-motivation and emotional strength
- Well-developed collaboration skills
- Passion for food and knowledge of food & food issues
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner in a rapidly changing marketplace and often ambiguous circumstances
- Courage and self-confidence
- Great judgment and discretion
- Creativity and ability to develop ideas into actionable marketing plans
- Exemplary communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Social and digital media and PR expertise
- A strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work professionally with a wide range of internal and external personalities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel: nights, weekends, on call
- Degree in business/marketing is preferred
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact the local Human Resources office at the worksite where you are applying for a position.