The Marketing department at Mackenzie Investments is currently accepting applications for the position ofInvestment Marketing Writer.
As part of the Editorial team, the Investment Marketing Writer will contribute to the development of a broad range of written content in materials used to support the sale of Mackenzie Investments’ solutions. These materials include but are not limited to feature articles, brochures, sales tools, white papers, advisor e-mails, web page copy and internal blog posts. In particular, this role will focus on the production of web copy in support of our marketing focus on the digital space.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write articles, brochures and other sales collateral, white papers, product focused blog posts, etc. for external (advisor and investor) and internal (Sales team) audiences
- Write both advisor- and investor-targeted content for mackenzieinvestments.com
- Assist Product Managers in the creation of blog posts targeted at the Sales team
- Work with other members of the Marketing team to help execute strategic plans and sales campaigns tied to Mackenzie Investments’ products and services
- Interview investment managers to generate content based on their ideas and insights
- Participate in regular editorial roundtables designed to generate product promotion ideas
- Follow economic trends and market events and make the connection to Mackenzie Investments’ products through written content
- Follow general investment trends and shape content in response to the needs of advisors and investors
- Work as part of designated project teams responsible for implementing specific marketing strategies
- A minimum of 8 years’ financial writing experience, particularly in a marketing department
- Significant experience in the production of marketing copy for digital properties
- In depth knowledge of the markets, mutual funds and the investment landscape
- University degree with a focus on Finance or Economics - MBA/CFA and CSC completion are strong assets
- Clear understanding of, and experience with, advisors – both planners and brokers – and the financial advice model
- Understanding of how mutual funds are sold and the content needs of a Sales team.
- Outstanding writing skills, with a clear ability to translate complex financial concepts, data and charts into easily understandable copy that inspires action, especially on digital content platforms
- Ability to adjust writing styles for different media – print brochure, blog, website, e-mail, direct mail, etc.
- Strong graphic sensibility and awareness of the role of design in strengthening the written message
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, follow-through capabilities and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to edit the work of others
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
For Internal Applicants:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job icon” located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position, please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by July 21, 2014. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. This position is a Job Grade 11 and the referral bonus level is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.