Wishabi is an award winning technology company who is at the forefront of transforming the retail industry. Our digital flyer app Flipp is changing the way people shop every day. Our team is made up of trailblazers and collaborators. If you want to continually innovate and work with Canada’s best and brightest, then it’s time to join our team. The Marketing Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Communications and support the Marketing team’s B2B, B2C and Corporate Marketing strategy. We’re looking for a passionate person who can bring fresh, creative ideas to the table to help tell the Wishabi story and execute quickly on strategic initiatives. The Marketing Specialist will also own our social media presence to help build brand advocacy. A self-starter who can create and drive tactical plans based on strategic direction is key. You are a high-performer who is very results-driven and wants to grow not only themselves but other members of the team. We are looking for someone who’s interested in driving the company’s success and help take our marketing and branding efforts to the next level.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES
- Support public relations strategy; maintain database of journalists, manage story pipeline and identification of pitch opportunities.
- Create and manage competitive intelligence tracking and internal reporting of industry news
- Support Flipp marketing campaign; create promotional products, contribute creative ideas to engagement strategy with mommy blogger community and manage community events program
- Build and manage Flipp’s online community through our Facebook and Twitter properties; respond to product inquiries and promote the Flipp brand to create brand advocacy.
- Manage exclusive mommy blogger panel: coordinate quarterly blog posts, promotional giveaways and annual events.
- Manage editorial calendar for B2B marketing and Public Relations strategy
- Create branded promotional items to support brand marketing and recruiting initiatives.
- Coordinate external speakers bureau program; build calendar of events and pitch speaking engagements
- Support brand awareness initiatives including on-campus recruiting events and industry events to help build the Wishabi profile and attract top talent
- Create and Manage awards program; identify key industry award opportunities and manage awards submission process
- Manage all administrative activities for the marketing department including invoice tracking and vendor relations.
WHAT YOUR BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably focused in Marketing, Business or Communications
- 1-2 years in experience in Marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills - ability to prioritize workload and handle several projects at once under tight deadlines
- Experience managing social media profiles – ability to engage with online community to build advocates for the company brand
- High attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Can effectively manage vendor relationships
- A collaborative worker with a team-first approach
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including senior management
- Flexible, responsive, detail oriented and has commitment to deadlines with strong sense of ownership
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
- Strong collaborative skills; ability to proactively partner with all members across the organization
- This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in a fun, open and friendly environment with energetic and passionate people who love what they do.
More about Wishabi Wishabi is a retail technology company who is reinventing the shopping experience through the transformation of the flyer from print to digital. The company recently launchedFlipp, a digital flyer app that helps consumers save time and money by finding the best deals and plan their shopping trips while on the go. Flipp has received numerous industry accolades and was recently featured in iTunes. Leading companies such as Target, Walmart, Sports Authority and The Bay can be found on the Wishabi platform and we have a distribution network that reaches over 200 million customers through media partners such as AOL and the Chicago Tribune. Wishabi’s culture is an integral part of what has driven the company’s success to date. This culture is based on key principles that promote the growth of others and create a high-trust environment. We recently won the Best Workplaces Award which included a special recognition for Camaraderie because employees feel the company is a fun and friendly place to work where people care about each other.