Gensler is a leading architecture, design, and planning firm, with 5,000+ staff in 47 locations around the world. Gensler’s Toronto office is seeking a creative, motivated, and highly collaborative individual to join our team as a Marketing Specialist with a specific focus on proposal creation. Marketing Specialists are the key producers of materials that support Gensler’s business development efforts. They work under the direction of senior staff and marketing leaders to write, design, and produce proposals, presentations, and other material used to help the firm win work. Marketers also support the general activities of the office/regional marketing studios, such as public relations, photography, and knowledge management.
Successful candidates will join a team of skilled marketers who enjoy working together almost as much as we love winning. Our next superstar will be a natural collaborator, eager to lend a hand, an idea, or a well-timed gif for morale. Excellent communicators, proactive problem solvers, and strategic thinkers will find an environment that supports thoughtful work and professional growth.
What You Will Do
- Working with principals, senior staff, and other marketing team members locally and regionally to design, write, and produce proposals, presentations, and other marketing collateral in alignment with brand standards
- Participating in pursuit strategy and planning
- Developing new materials as needed to support business development activities
- Performing multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines
- Understanding and learning Gensler’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and firm wide capabilities
- Maintaining resources & knowledge information systems
- 5+ years of professional experience in a marketing position within a design/A/E/C or professional services firm, in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communications or Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including creating effective proposals, presentations and marketing collateral
- Self-motivator with strong organizational and intra-personal skills, and a great collaborator.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong graphic communication and design skills
- Competency in InDesign is a must, proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, wellness programs, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer profit sharing, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume. The Cover Letter should address the key characteristics highlighted in the position description and should communicate the reasons why the Candidate’s skill set and background is ideal for this role.