CAA is looking for a talented Marketing Professional who is committed to meeting challenges and making a real difference. The Membership Marketing Specialist role is accountable for developing, planning, evaluating and deploying marketing strategies and programs that promote membership retention and acquisition within territorial Club boundaries.
Purpose of Role:
- Oversee the design and implementation of the one year Membership Plan as well as the annual budget within the context of the overarching Marketing Plan set by Corporate Marketing
- Develop, lead and execute marketing campaigns for Membership retention, cross/up sell and acquisition purposes, that grow the organization and optimize profitability. Will also execute, select direct marketing campaigns on behalf of other CAA lines of business
- Champion and lead campaign process optimization by identifying and qualifying campaign efficiencies, provide continuous quality control and compliance that promotes strong CAA membership engagement and positive experiences
- Promote and employ analytics to deliver measurable and profitable marketing initiatives. Manage usage, delivery and reporting of direct marketing campaign data and information for business purposes
- As a member of the Corporate Marketing team, assist in the development and execution of a positive overall member, team and CAA associate experience.
- Deliver a formal one-year membership plan, working collaboratively with Finance, Retail, Call Centres, E-Business, and Membership Processing and Outside Sales teams.
- Develop, implement and manage retention campaign strategies that educate, engage members and meet renewal plan targets
- Develop, implement and manage acquisition campaign strategies and tactics that meet membership plan targets.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while optimizing and maximizing profitability of all Membership Marketing programs.
- Provide direct marketing subject matter expertise, facilitate and deploy flawless execution of direct mail, telemarketing and other direct marketing campaigns on behalf of Membership Club, Insurance and Travel product teams.
- Build or optimize campaign processes and budgets for all renewal/retention, acquisition, up-sell, cross-sell campaigns and coordinating with aligned processing channels; IT; 3rd party agencies and direct marketing partners to ensure profitable return on marketing investment.
- Provide strategic communications and recommendations on tactics, sequence, frequency, testing
- Identify and integrate emerging and alternative channels aimed at improving renewal or acquisition effectiveness.
- Provide multi-channel integration expertise for consistency of CAA marketing communications.
- Develop and implement a integrated contact strategy that promotes awareness of CAA products, membership benefits and competitive advantages
- Manage design, production and communication of new and existing CAA Club Membership products, offers and collateral.
- Identify and integrate new revenue generating programs and concepts
- Manage and negotiate pricing with suppliers on marketing services, resources and collateral.
- Ensure compliance of CAA standards & Marketing industry requirements and quality controls.
- Manage regular reporting schedule for campaign results and facilitate post-campaign analysis.
- Apply research, insights and process to further understand member needs, facilitate member acquisition and retention research, deliver on both member and prior campaign insights in all future communications.
Job Requirements :
- Core Competencies: Financial Business Acumen, Functional Direct Marketing Acumen, Project/Process Management, Relationship Management, Analytics & Problem Solving, Superior Attention to Detail, Communication & Negotiation Skills
- University or College degree, preferably in Marketing or Business
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven and progressive marketing experience
- Working knowledge of database marketing practices and utilization
- Experience managing customer communications and direct marketing (direct mail etc.) programs
- Experience with Email and Online Marketing an asset
- Excellent organization and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, excellent judgment and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven track record of working with advertising agencies and suppliers
- Highly motivated, adaptable and proven ability to manage change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel Access and PowerPoint is a must.
- Functional knowledge and experience with SQL would be beneficial.