Applanix is a wholly owned subsidiary of Trimble and an industry leader in positioning and orientation systems. Established in 1991, Applanix is now truly a global company, with our technology in use in the air, land and seas of every corner of the world.
By integrating precision GNSS with advanced inertial technology, Applanix products and solutions deliver dynamically accurate measurements of vehicle and sensor position and orientation for a growing list of commercial applications including: aerial survey, land-based mobile mapping, marine survey operations, indoor mapping, vehicle guidance/assistance.
Applanix develops, manufactures, sells and supports products and solutions for mobile mapping and positioning. Now with two decades of advanced GNSS and inertial sensor research and development, our solutions are industry bellwethers for mobile mapping applications and increasingly important in unmanned vehicle guidance and control systems.
So whether you are mapping the seafloor, georeferencing a LIDAR point cloud, providing real-time guidance for robotic vehicles, or generating directly georeferenced orthophotos, you need Applanix.
About the Opportunity
Applanix has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Marketing Specialist to join our team in Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a 12-month contract position.
In this dynamic role, you will play a key part in the development of digital and social media marketing initiatives to drive customer, supplier and partner relationships. You will also be responsible for coordinating marketing-related events, including conferences and trade shows.
This is an ideal opportunity for a creative yet disciplined professional who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating event participation, including liaison with event organizers, contractors, service providers and attendees;
- Developing positive and effective working relationships with engineering, customer support, sales, etc;
- Writing, editing and distributing corporate communications materials;
- Managing the production of sales tool kits and other collateral;
- Developing and implementing outbound lead generation campaigns;
- Liaising with other divisions at Trimble to develop internal marketing initiatives;
- Coordinating with Finance and Administration teams to manage brought-in services;
- Sharing ownership and management of relationships with media and analysts;
- Other duties, as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing (or a relevant discipline) combined with 3-5 years of experience in a business-to-business (B2B) marketing role. Our ideal candidate also has specific knowledge of, or experience working in, the technology industry.
You must also have:
- Experience coordinating events;
- A strong understanding of the effective use of social media in a B2B environment;
- Superior writing, proofing and editing skills;
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- A familiarity with leading online marketing tools and content management systems;
- A proven ability to build and maintain relationships across various business functions.
Previous experience in Graphic Design or with the Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset, as is knowledge of the positioning/mapping/survey market.
Most importantly, you are a proactive team player who has a keen interest in technology and digital/social marketing. Highly organized and with the ability to thrive under pressure, you will also be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the team/business. Proven ability to meet and exceed targets and deadlines is essential.
If you are looking to take your career to new heights with a highly experienced and interdisciplinary team - this is the perfect opportunity for you!
About the Benefits
Our success as a global market leader is the direct result of the exceptional effort and talent of our team. To continue leading the market with our innovative technology solutions, we know that we must continue to attract and retain the very best talent. For us, this means providing a workplace where people come first. We are committed to ensuring that our people receive all the support and resources necessary to see them succeed.
At Applanix, our culture is founded on the principles of innovation and teamwork to produce leading-edge technology, while also rewarding integrity, accountability and customer focus. In addition to a competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications, you will also receive access to a great range of benefits, including:
- Medical and dental;
- Life Insurance and AD&D;
- Wellness programs; and
- Social events.
If you want to join a professional yet relaxed workplace where you can use your marketing expertise to grow your career in the tech industry - APPLY TODAY!