The Marketing Specialist will become the Canadian go-to expert for their categories. In this role, the Marketing Specialist will work as a liaison with the North American Marketing Coordinators, Marketing Managers, and Suppliers to ensure products, promotions, literature and programs meet the needs of the Canadian market and are launched appropriately and in a timely manner. Role will include master data set up, Promotions, Marketing Collateral (publications) and Communications.
- Coordinate with NA MarComm Specialists and Suppliers to integrate appropriate marketing programs/promotions and channel options for Canadian market.
- Coordinate with Marketing Managers, Suppliers, Sales Team and Masterdata to set up new product add requests.
- Create and implement innovative programs and go-to market plans designed to maximize new product and supplier launches.
- Drive sales of specific products & awareness of VWR in various market segments.
- Present marketing concepts and programs to internal customers in an organized and professional manner.
- Collaborate with sales force to leverage program(s) and drive sales
- Lead collaboration and message development between internal customers, marketing services and field organization in production and implementation of materials.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated team player and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through processes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude and willingness to adjust programs based on success and feedback of prior programs.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with Microsoft Access and Excel
- College Diploma in Business/Marketing. Sciences background is a definite asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Marketing role.
- Bilingualism in French/English an asset
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR’s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being an established company, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries as well as a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.