Pathways to Education Canada is a charitable organization that helps youth in low-income communities graduate from high school and successfully transition into post-secondary education or training. Pathways to Education addresses systemic barriers to education by providing leadership, expertise and a community-based program proven to lower dropout rates. Founded in 2001, Pathways operates in eleven communities across Canada, with programs in Ontario,Quebec,Nova Scotia and Manitoba.
Pathways to Education Canada recently launched Graduation Nation, a five year initiative to reduce dropout rates in low-income communities and make high school completion a national priority. Supported by a national fundraising campaign, and a newly developed brand platform, Pathways is actively engaging donors, community partners and the public in achieving this vision.
Pathways is seeking a marketing and communications professional to fill a newly created and exciting position. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Services Specialist will play a key role in executing the marketing strategy, overseeing projects and working with colleagues in Resource Development and Programs to achieve the organization’s goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Social media management including the development of dynamic content, daily monitoring and updating of Pathways social media sites and the execution of specific campaigns utilizing social media vehicles.
- Execute Pathways ‘Speakers Bureau’ program by responding to speaking requests and coordinating, with the support of administrative staff, speaking engagements for senior executives, volunteers and Pathways alumni.
- Website management. Maintain up-to-date website content by coordinating staff input and executing updates using content management system. Analyze website metrics and contribute to design and content evolution based on findings.
- Build and maintain a library of marketing and communications assets including photos, videos, speeches and presentations.
- Receive and respond to media inquiries, redirecting where required.
- Provide tools, templates and support to local program partners to assist them in local marketing and communications efforts and to facilitate their participation in national campaigns.
- Provide basic graphic design and copy-writing for tactical communication pieces (event communications, brochure templates, logo adaptations).
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing/communications or a related field
- 2+ years experience working in a marketing/communications related role
- Demonstrated ability to work within online communications platforms including website content management platforms, social media vehicles and intranet structures
- Experience developing creative materials with basic desktop design applications
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and an ability to think strategically
- Sound judgment and a strong customer service mentality
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Interest in making a difference by working in non-profit, education-related charity
- Pathways provides a comprehensive benefits package to all staff
- Be part of a talented team that is making a real difference for youth in Canada