Incorporated in 1981, The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) is a national member-based not-for-profit organization that represents the director community in Canada. With more than 4,900 members the ICD acts as a valuable resource for public, private, Crown, and not-for-profit board directors.
The mission of the Institute of Corporate Directors is to represent the interests of directors - to foster excellence in directors to strengthen the governance and performance of Canadian corporations and organizations. We will achieve this mission through education, certification and advocacy of best practices in governance.
The ICD is seeking a creative, energetic, entrepreneurial and dedicated individual to fill the position of Manager, Education Marketing and Sales. This position will provide the right individual with an opportunity to work in a dynamic office in the heart of downtown Toronto, and to interact with leaders from Canada's corporate and not-for-profit sectors. The hiring salary range is $50,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience.
The Manager, Education Marketing and Sales will be responsible for the promotion, marketing, and sales of the Institute's renowned educational programs (www.icd.ca.education) to ensure that classes are consistently filled with the appropriate participants. This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Sales.
More specifically, the Manager, Education Marketing and Sales will be responsible for:
- Marketing strategy, planning and execution, including participating in the development of annual marketing plans and budgets, and long-range divisional planning
- Evolve integrated marketing campaigns (direct mail, e-marketing, print advertising, etc.) to meet changing business environment, test results and program objectives
- Participate in the development and execution of customer market research initiatives that lead toward greater customer insights in determining the viability or possibility of launching new programs
- Assisting with sales forecasting, budget preparation and revenue tracking, and expenditure reviews to ensure plans are on track
- Development of print and digital materials and marketing collaterals, including writing content
- Development and management of appropriate databases and lists to achieve marketing and sales results
- Managing the relationship with external agencies and vendors
- Business development, lead development, lead qualification and closing
- Logistical planning of educational events as necessary
Applicants should have the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of three years in a marketing role, preferably with proven success in the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels. Experience in direct marketing will be considered an asset.
- Completion of a post-secondary program in marketing, communications, advertising or related discipline
- Experience and passion for developing creative and effective integrated marketing campaigns through understanding information, results analysis, and finding solutions in an evolving market
- Experience organizing and coordinating workflow and interacting with outside vendors and agencies
- Effective budgeting skills and a demonstrated ability to work with limited resources while still being creative and effective
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, Adobe Photoshop, PDF Reader and Writer, and related software
- Experience interacting with senior business leaders and university academics would be an important asset
- A professional image and confident approach
- English/French Bilingualism would be an important asset