McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is a progressive, employee-owned Canadian company with offices throughout Western Canada. In business since 1910, McElhanney provides exceptional engineering, planning, environmental, surveying and mapping services to its clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced person to join our dynamic Vancouver Region Engineering team as a Marketing / Proposal Writer. In this role, the incumbent will utilize exceptional composition, organization and communication skills in a professional environment to write, edit, and assemble technical information for high quality targeted proposals and reports for civil engineering assignments.
As a member of the Administrative Team the incumbent will also provide administrative and clerical support as necessary. This position will be primarily based in our Surrey, BC office.
- Compose, edit, and assemble technical information provided by engineering and technical staff primarily for proposals technical reports, presentations and other marketing purposes
- Utilize expert skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other applications to work with graphs, tables, images, and other technical information targeted to non-technical audience
- Assist other team members with administrative tasks and duties as necessary, such as composing letters, memos and e-mails; accounts payable and receivable; filing and other organizational duties; and answering/managing telephone calls amongst other tasks in a collaborative friendly team environment.
- Degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Marketing, English or Communications, or a related field with 5 years of experience in proposal development; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write with clarity and articulate value and advantages for targeted proposals and reports
- Superior writing and proof reading skills for accuracy, quality and message
- Highly experienced in advanced features of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Solid experience in a graphics design/editing software, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with changing priorities
- Superior teamwork abilities and a willingness to jump in and help others when needed
- Experience in an administrative/clerical role would be an asset