Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
The Marketing & Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for developing a marketing and promotions program for the City. In this role, you will be the primarily responsible for coordinating all marketing and promotions campaigns for the City of Markham. You will develop standard operating procedures for intaking and managing requests from the internal client departments ensuring requests are answered accurately and in a timely manner. You will also be developing a corporate-wide plan for the City of Markham to monitor, measure and evaluate our marketing and promotions campaigns for corporate priorities. In this role, you will have a lot of flexibility to develop and design the marketing and promotions portfolio. Your role will have direct contact with senior management in the City and you will be relied upon to give recommendations for marketing and promotions strategy. You will be building primary relationships with promotional partners, production vendors and some sponsors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (DELIVERABLES)
- Design, development and execution of a marketing & promotions strategy.
- Development of a promotional partners and sponsorships database.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a marketing and promotions strategy including a process to regularly scan for emerging practices and opportunities.
- Regularly liaise with all City departments and committees to ensure timely development of marketing and promotions campaigns.
- Create, advocate and evaluate professional marketing and promotions strategies to meet Corporate and Departmental goals and objectives.
- Specific responsibility for coordination and implementation of Markham’s marketing and promotions program.
- Requirement to deal with confidential information and material.
- Act as the primary contact for all marketing, promotional and sponsorship inquiries to the City of Markham.
- Triage marketing and promotions requests and prioritize campaigns to strategic priority.
- Work directly with executive-level and senior staff to provide briefings and strategies.
- Develop, execute and maintain a marketing and promotions database for city programs.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Monitoring of and reporting on Markham’s marketing and promotions programs.
- Manage and report on Markham’s marketing and promotions including metrics on impressions, share of voice and engagement.
- Contribute to broad communications plans where marketing and promotions support is required.
- Assist with the promotion of Corporate Special Events
- Liaise with outside suppliers and service providers as required.
- Use of social media.
- Supervise coop and summer students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bring your expertise and passion for excellence to this role as Marketing & Promotions Coordinator:
- You hold a university degree in social sciences, humanities, public relations, communications or public affairs.
- You bring with no fewer than 5 years’ professional experience in a disciplined communications environment, such as a public affairs agency or corporate communications function within the private sector, including 2 years working specifically in a media relations role.
- You are an excellent communicator with superior writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Tactful, diplomatic and politically savvy, you are adept at building and managing media and client relations, internally and externally, and communicating with diverse audiences.
- Your project management and multi-tasking skills are well established.
- Through experience in the field, you have a strong understanding of social media, digital media production, photography, and printing services.
- You possess a working knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel and Publisher, and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- You are prepared to work on assignments and programs, as required, after regular business hours and on weekends.
- Ideally, but not necessarily, you will have a municipal government background, and be fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
The salary range for this temporary (12 months), full-time position is $66,450 to $75,459 per year.
The City of Markham, a municipality with more than 350,000 residents centrally located in the Greater Toronto Area, is home to over 400 corporate head offices and more than 1,100 high-tech and life science companies. Founded in the 1790s, today Markham is Canada’s most diverse community, and enjoys a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and services, and a vibrant local economy. Markham has received the Excellence Canada Gold Award for Organizational Quality & Healthy Workplace, and multiple heritage and environmental awards. Committed to being a model of public service excellence, with a workforce that is representative of the population we serve, we are looking for people who share our values and are champions of innovative practices.
For more information and to apply online by August 27, 2017, please visit our website at markham.ca/jobs.
We are committed to inclusive employment practices.