Marketing Professor full-time
Reporting to the Chair, School of Marketing, the Professor will be responsible for providing academic leadership in the classroom, ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students. Through participation in the design, revision, delivery and evaluation of learning outcomes, the Professor will be responsible for developing a weekly schedule based on appropriate learning materials, evaluating student performance and providing academic counseling to students. In these respects, the Professor must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
The Professor will be required to become familiar with the vocational objective and career paths of his/her students and, where appropriate, incorporate this knowledge into class materials and assignments. It is also expected that the Professor will be receptive to new teaching methods and be willing to participate in the adaptation of subjects, or parts of subjects, to electronic delivery within and outside the classroom. The Professor will be required to represent the College to community groups, business and professional associations. The Professor will participate in the work of curriculum program advisory and/or other committees as required and stay current in the world of business.
The Professor may also be called upon to contribute to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs of the School as well as work cooperatively with colleagues from other schools within the Faculty of Business.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach a variety of courses within the diploma, degree and graduate certificate programs within the School. These courses include but are not limited to Consumer Behaviour, Online Behaviour and Web Analytics, Analytics for Pricing, Distribution and Advertising and Interactive Marketing.
- Provides academic leadership and develops an effective learning environment including the design, revision, and updating of courses.
- Consults with program/course directors and other faculty, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Defines, evaluates and validates course objectives and specifies or approves learning approaches and necessary resources.
- Develops individualized instruction and multimedia presentations, with a focus on experiential and project-based learning.
- Selects or approves textbooks and learning materials.
- Teaches assigned courses, ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Carries out regularly scheduled instruction and provides tutoring and academic counselling to students.
- Provides a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experiences and field trips.
- Evaluates student progress and assumes responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses.
- Provides guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors' teaching assignments.
- Participates in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Occasionally may be called upon to contribute to other areas ancillary to the role of Professor, such as student recruitment and selection, timetabling, and facility design, professional development and control of supplies and equipment.
- This position requires a completed Doctoral degree in Marketing or a closely related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 2-5 years teaching at the post-secondary level or industry training - progressively responsible experience demonstrating adult education principles in program planning, curriculum development, teaching adults, assessing community/business/industry needs.
- Minimum of 2-5 years related industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum and incorporate technology and Social Media into teaching.
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able student and staff population.
- An understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of curriculum to students, while respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles.
- Must be able to work independently and with others to develop and deliver curriculum and contribute positively to the team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, computer and organizational skills, motivation and a willingness to innovate and apply new teaching techniques and technologies.
May 22, 2014 External
Open until Filled
Click on “Apply Now” below. Applications must be submitted online by the closing date and must include a covering letter and resume (as one document) in Word or pdf format.
Note: Consideration will be given to qualified internal full-time academic and partial-load employees first, in accordance with the Collective Agreement. New employees will be required to demonstrate the Faculty Basic Competencies by the end of their probationary period. Proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents will be required at the time of interview.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, francophone, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.