Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Production Manager with a passion for Retail Marketing and a well-rounded background in print and digital production, who is excited about the opportunity to work for one of Canada’s leading retailers. As our Manager Production Services, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of all marketing assets (in-store signage, magazine and newspaper ads, direct mail, out of home advertising, web, email, social, etc.). Integration and collaboration are key as are excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing and negotiating skills.
Reporting to the Director, Creative and Branding, the incumbent will manage our in-house production studio and collaborate with the Design and Copy Teams to produce all our creative deliverables. The incumbent intakes requests, develops schedules, assigns work and collaborates with the Marketing and Translation Teams to deliver high quality, accurate in-store print materials, external media (ROP, Billboards, etc) and Digital Media (Web, Email and Social Assets) for Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and all of its sub brands (ie. Beauty Boutique, Murale, Shoppers Home Health Care, Life Brand, etc.).
What You'll Do:
- Manages and prioritizes deliverables for all projects and for all areas of the business including but not limited to in-store signage, magazine and newspaper ads, direct mail, out of home advertising, web, email, social, etc. in all required language versions.
- Establishes priorities and allocates resources to maintain consistent workflow in order to meet demands and deadlines.
- Intakes studio requests, reviews job specifications, assigns as production designer and traffics the job through the process from supplied creative to final delivery.
- Manages a high volume of work with acute attention to detail, prioritizing according to business priorities and never missing a deadline.
- Oversees workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is done accurately, efficiently and according to brand standards as well as best working practices.
- Provides guidance, motivation, and performance reviews to maintain and enhance competency levels, identify future training requirements and achieve goals to increase performance.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to provide production status reports.
- Monitors performance of computers and colour printers to provide technical support, load updates, replenish supplies, monitor service requirements, decrease downtime and maintain seamless workflow.
- Maintains docket system and digital asset library for corporate logos and images.
What You'll Need:
This position requires a strong team player that is committed to business results and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and interfacing with all levels within an organization. The role of Manager, Production Services requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in everyday working relationships.
- A solid skill set in, and knowledge of creative and production processes from conception to delivery.
- Have the ability to switch quickly between several projects driving them from start to completion while helping to guide production processes and set best practice standards.
- Proficient in a MAC environment with advanced knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Effective communication (oral and written), administratively strong (scheduling, time management, budgeting) and the ability to work under pressure are a must, as this is a deadline-driven business.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and partnerships.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education & Job Knowledge:
- A certificate, degree or diploma in graphic design and / or desktop publishing.
- Minimum 5 years experience in creative project management.
- Post secondary education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in Print Production, Graphic Design or related field.
- Proficiency in all industry standard software programs: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) Adobe Acrobat, and Mac OSX system.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.