Marketing Production Manager (13 Month Contract)
Fidelity Investments Canada ULC is part of the Fidelity Investments organization of Boston, one of the world's largest providers of financial services. In Canada, Fidelity manages a total of $68 billion in mutual fund and institutional assets (as at September 30, 2012). This includes $13 billion in assets for institutional clients including public and corporate defined benefit pension plans, endowments, foundations and other corporate assets on behalf of clients across Canada. Fidelity Canada provides Canadian investors a full range of domestic, international and income oriented mutual funds. Fidelity funds are available through a number of advice-based distribution channels including financial planners, investment dealers, banks, and insurance companies. Fidelity is a proud supporter of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and we are dedicated to helping young Canadians realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Manage the timely production of digital, traditional and broadcast deliverables created by Marketing Communications for retail and institutional lines of business. Act as SME for all inventory, workflow and digital asset management systems and related best practices. As an excellent communicator the Production Manager will have a demonstrated ability to interface with and manage other production staff and an extensive range of external vendors and agencies. A champion of workflow efficiency this position serves as the primary point of contact for all requests made of Marketing Communications.
The Production manager will have deep experience managing the production of both traditional and digital media in an Agency or similar marketing department. The incumbent will be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to manage multiple competing priorities with grace and professionalism. Experience with graphic/media design software (Adobe Creative Suite), internet design tools (HTML, Flash, etc), workflow systems and scheduling software is important. Expertise with the Microsoft suite office suite of programs is a must. Knowledge of current print production techniques and technology, internet technologies and related file formats and programs is necessary. Demonstrated experience in trafficking interactive and digital media projects is critical.
- Production and "end to end" project management of all digital marketing deliverables including emails, web banners, online creative, landing pages/micro sites, registration forms, eDirects, digital ads etc. Production and "end to end" project management of all traditional media deliverables including print and related media including; brochures, calculators, posters, newsletters, enrolment kits, fund reports, letters etc.
- Work in close partnership with all internal business partners including Editorial, Translation Services, Creative, Sales, Distributech, external designers and our Agency of Record.
- Owner and expert user of all Marketing Communications workflow systems and best practices. Using TEAMpsp, DAM (Digital Asset Management system) and the Fidelity Digital Workspace.
- Provide tracking, scheduling and reporting on all jobs being completed in Marketing Communications. Recommendations on workflow enhancements are expected as are keeping up to date with system updates and software revisions.
- Expert in all areas of print and related production. Ensure predefined style sheets, typographical standards and Fidelity creative guidelines are closely followed to ensure consistent high quality deliverables. Traffic all digital artwork to print/fulfillment vendors while ensuring predefined print specifications.
- Track and archive files according to Marketing Communications file management best practice.
- Demonstrate expertise with industry standard design/production software on both Macintosh and PC platforms (Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark etc). Act as a subject matter expert on the topic of print production and related processes (Litho, POD, DTP etc).
- Track all expenses associated with campaigns and ensure deliverables are on time within budget, identify and promote areas for cost efficiencies.
Education, Education and Licenses:
- College or Universtiy degree. Formal 3 year training in Production Management (PMP) prefered.Advanced courses in Print Production management, print production, Graphic design (general), Adobe CS, Quark, Macintosh systems, MSOFFICE. Project manager, FileMaker
- 5-7 years experience as a professional Production manager in an advertising or Marketing department environment
- 5-7 years experience with print, online and/or broadcast production
- 3-5 years experience in the Mutual Fund/Financial Services industry is an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. The ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external clients/vendors ranging from junior marketing staff to senior management.
- Highly developed multi-tasking and scheduling skills that will ensure the expectations of a wide range of business partners are met.
- Expert technical skills with Fidelity workflow and production systems including; TEAMpsp, DAM, Fidelity Digital Workspace, Equest, OrderExpress, Adobe Acrobat and other tools
- Expert knowledge of print, online and broadcast production tools and processes.
- Diplomacy, calm and problem solving abilities demonstrated "under pressure". Production Managers are the "go-to" people for last minute changes, challenges and emergencies. Productivity, professionalism and leadership in the face of shifting timelines and expectations define this position.
- Technically proficient with both the Macintosh and PC platforms, especially as they relate to workflow systems and graphic/rich media and broadcast production