Provide general administrative support to the marketing department (including the Director of Public Relations).
Key Result Areas
- Produce all hotel collateral material including rack & fact pieces, brochures, sell sheets, flyers, etc.; develop posters, signage and promotional material for all hotel departments as assigned.
- Assist with the development and implementation of monthly advertising/promotional campaigns for the food and beverage outlets; create F&B related communication vehicles including signage, flyers, vouchers, etc.
- Monitor contra and donation program including: issuing certificates, updating tracking sheets and monitoring reservations for all contra-advertising programs and media contesting.
- Liaise with department heads to update (on a monthly basis) internal communication vehicles including reader board advertising, elevator advertising, lobby screens, banquet area, pixel board and telephone on-hold messages.
- Provide support to public relations events and photo shoots.
- Ensure listings for various publications are up-to-date and submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate distribution of marketing collateral and promotional items to appropriate internal and external audiences.
- Handle miscellaneous requests for departmental (advertising/PR) information. Coordinate the operational functions of the department (inc. ordering supplies, booking meetings).
- Maintain photo library of visuals available for PR and Marketing. Order photos as necessary.
- Maintain and distribute logos and ensure brand specifications are adhered to.
- Manage the daily activities of marketing interns.
- Create landing pages for hotel website
- Update and maintain hotel website
- Monitor media coverage
- Assists with the writing of press releases, listings and media pitches
- Assist with monthly accruals and owner’s report
- Assist with weekly and monthly PR reports
- Assist with media visits and FAM groups
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of e-Business, Marketing Manager and Director of Public Relations.
- Administer Purchase Order procedure (enter purchase order, get appropriate signatures, maintain binder, file copies of backup, monitor spreadsheets of outstanding purchase orders and ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner).
- Assist with coverage of administration reception desk, when required
· Contribute content to social media kits and press releases.
Process Improvement/ Productivity
- Ensure collateral adheres to hotel quality standards
- Adhere to key service standards
· 1-2 years experience in an office environment.
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations preferred.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
· Good oral and written communication skills coupled with computer skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods.
The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Chelsea Hotel, Toronto will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative.