VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Platform Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a Marketing Platform Manager responsible for activating our content for the Canadian audience; applying activation budgets across channel-specific platforms, and tracking performance and leading new initiatives to drive growth. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position is ideal for a strategic thinker with a strong creative side who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with editorial and business stakeholders to strategize and execute on growth initiatives including tentpole content activations and brand campaigns.
- Pitches and manages relationships with external partners for sponsorship and co-branded opportunities; creates projections and tracks performance.
- Uses paid budgets and resources to help VICE find new audiences across a range of platforms. Builds relationships with key platform reps within Canada and utilizes connections to gain insights.
- Develops, tests, and evaluates new technologies and content strategies.
- Tracks and delivers insights to internal stakeholders based on metrics/analytics alongside Director of Audience Development and Analytics team for each vertical.
- Acts as a spokesperson for marketing, communicating achievements and business intelligence.
- Work closely with Director of Audience development on the optimization of content performance across all platforms.
- Works alongside Head of Marketing to orchestrate high-level campaigns and initiatives
- Minimum of two years experience across content marketing, social platforms, and analytics
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook insights
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data
- Social marketing and platform development and strategy (especially with Facebook) is a must
- Experience managing budgets and tracking spends across multiple platforms
- Marketing or communications degree is preferred
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.