VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Platform Analyst
REPORTS TO: Head of Marketing
OVERVIEW:VICE Canada is seeking a Marketing Platform Analyst responsible for growing the VICE Canada network of verticals, who is skilled at analyzing and interpreting social platform analytics data in order to create efficiencies and drive growth.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Gathers data and extrapolates key learnings from our network of platforms.
- Analyzes and creates daily / weekly / monthly reports and dashboards.
- Delivers insights to editorial teams and internal stakeholders based on metrics/analytics alongside Social Producers for each vertical.
- Identifies content, platforms, and moments around which VICE verticals should focus special efforts to drive growth and reach new audiences.
- Uses analysis and results from A/B testing to back up decision-making.
- Works alongside Head of Marketing and Marketing Platform Manager to orchestrate high-level campaigns and initiatives
- Uses platform and audience insights to contribute to the execution of best-in-class paid media campaigns.
- Builds relationships with key platform reps within Canada and utilises connections to ensure continued innovation.
- Minimum of three years experience across social platforms, analytics, and content marketing.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook & Twitter Analytics.
- Adept at creating dashboards from multiple sources of data.
- Social marketing and platform development and strategy (especially with Facebook) is a must.
- Experience managing budgets and tracking spends across multiple platforms.
- Degree in marketing and/or data science is preferred.