Historica Canada is the country’s largest organization dedicated to enhancing awareness of Canada’s history and citizenship. Some of its signature programs include: The Heritage Minutes, The Memory Project, and The Canadian Encyclopedia.
The Canadian Encyclopedia is a free online resource offering more than 19,200 bilingual articles, nearly 11,000 pieces of multimedia, as well as a number of features like teacher resources, timelines and collections. The Encyclopedia plays an essential role in providing Canadians and others with accurate, updated information about our people and country.
The Canadian Encyclopedia’s Marketing and Outreach Officer will be an individual who is passionate about the work of the organization, has had experience working with a team to achieve deliverables in a timely fashion and is enthusiastic about promoting an online resource for all Canadians. The successful candidate is organized, detail-oriented, creative, flexible and a strong communicator.
The responsibilities of the Marketing and Outreach Officer may include:
- Creating and implementing a marketing strategy, under the direction of the Web & Digital Media Manager, to promote The Canadian Encyclopedia to various audiences including; teachers, students, media, general public
- Promoting The Canadian Encyclopedia through public relations initiatives including direct outreach to community organizations, schools, boards and media
- Creating press and promotional materials including releases, pitches, e-blasts, newsletters, etc.
- Tracking and assessing marketing campaign results and media coverage
- Planning and executing promotional events
- Working with in-house and external designers to create compelling ad campaigns
- Researching and coordinating advertising and marketing opportunities
- Working closely with Web & Digital Media Manager to develop and execute creative strategies to promote the Encyclopedia’s brand on social media.
- Responsible for maintaining and stewarding TCE social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Analyzing Encyclopedia user survey results
- Liaising with the Education Manager and Communications Coordinator to help coordinate attendance at conferences, tradeshows and festivals.
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings, helping generate content ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College degree in related field;
- At least 1 year professional working experience in marketing is a must, experience in the non-profit, heritage or education sector an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French) is a must;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Team player and demonstrated strong interpersonal skills;
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change;
- Interest in Canadian history, culture
Historica Canada welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
This is a contract position ending March 31, 2016. Your annual salary will be $38,000.00 less applicable statutory deductions, which will be paid to you twice a month.
Applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis. Interviews may be arranged before the deadline. Interested candidates should submit their application in PDF or other Microsoft application no later than July 22, 2015 5pm EST. Successful candidates will be contacted directly. Phone calls or solicitations from agencies and candidates will not be accepted.
Application closing date:
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 17:00