Acuva Technologies is a fast-growing water purification technology company located in Vancouver, BC. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water for the 1.8 billion people worldwide whose water source is microbial contaminated, and we are doing this by developing the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology. Our vision is to transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products, while enabling new water disinfection applications.
Over the past year we were the recipients of the BCIC Ignite Award by the BC Innovation Council, recognized as the Best Presenting Company for Sustainable Technology at the Banff Venture Forum and honoured to be added to the Cleantech Emerging Rocket list by Rocket Builders.
This 1-year contract position for Mat Leave coverage will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans to accomplish short, medium, and long-term company goals. The company is in an agressive growth trajectory so there is possibility for extension. Acuva has developed breakthrough UV-LED water purification solution for a variety of applications. Acuva’s proprietary UV-LED disinfection technology enables clean drinking water by offering a compact water purification solution, integrtable with consumer appliances such as water coolers, water dispensers, refrigerators etc. We develop partnerships with OEM companies internationally to adopt cutting edge UV-LED water purification solution in to their appliances. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference, willing to wear a variety of hats (this is a fast-paced growing company environment) with a deeply committed, attitude. Speed of execution is critical to support business development, sales objectives, and strengthen Acuva brand. This is a role for a strategic thinker who revels in rolling up their sleeves to get the job done and grow with the company.
You will be responsible for raising Acuva’s profile through a number of focused trade events and content marketing programs designed to amplify lead generation and grow business opportunities. Working closely with the Creative Marketing Coordinator, you will be developing communications and marketing collateral to encourage inbound leads and gain traction in strategic channels. Working at Acuva will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, public relations, and advertising activities while managing the productivity and return on investment of marketing plans and projects.
- Expand and develop Acuva's current marketing platforms by creating content to execute strategic digital marketing campaigns. Lead the development and execution of the social media content calendar, tailoring digital campaigns that drive engagement and inbound traffic for both B2B and B2C messaging streams.
- Content creation using Adobe Suite including photo and/ or video capture, editing and graphic design for content to be used across social media, e-commerce web, email marketing, display advertising, packaging and in-store visual merchandising.
- Investigate and test new channels for demand generation activities. Help lead generation by maximizing reach to target market segments, and audiences.
- Support Acuva’s sales and marketing team in communication of market applications and technology; providing the content required to help educate and convert potential customers.
- Promote and elevate Acuva brand recognition in target geographic, vertical markets and with strategic partners.
- Build relationships and increase Acuva visibility through participation in various activities including attending trade shows, conference, conventions, and other networking opportunities.
- Develop supporting marketing assets such as brochures, pitch decks, and other sales collateral.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in marketing consumer product(s) and B2B focused marketing. Experience in marketing consumer electronics/water purifiers in B2B markets considered a bonus.
- Experience in campaign development and marketing strategy. Digital and channel marketing experience considered highly desirable.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Aggressive, self-starter, results oriented with strong prospect hunting expertise.
- Positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work without supervision.
- Proficiency and experience with Google Analytics (or similar web analytics tools), SEO strategies, social media, and accessibility standards. Experience with data management, digital and social analytics.
- Exceptional writing skills (both technical and creative). Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and ability to prepare presentation materials.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting fast paced environment with world leading, break-through technology
- Competitive salary commensurate with clean-tech early stage companies
- Extended health benefits available