Marketing Manager full-time
Company: C. Walker Group Inc. (WGI) began in 1968 as a supplier of profitable after sales products to the automotive industry and is credited as the original provider of extended service contracts to the automotive industry in North America. Today, C. Walker Group Inc. is a highly diversified organization with numerous divisions and has become an established leader in delivering value added products and services for customers covering a wide range of industries in Canada and the US.
WGI Vision: Creating innovative solutions to make good companies better.
Department: Sales and Marketing
Report To: President
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing go to market strategies for the Company's various sales channels. The incumbent will possess the technical, industry and discipline knowledge to effectively analyze internal and external data and develop strong, innovative, measurable programs to drive revenue.The successful candidate will be the marketing champion and key facilitator to arm the internal team with leads, competitive intelligence, service positioning and tools.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the Corporate Brand.
- Coordinate the design and creation of content for various company websites both corporately and for customer facing sites (B2B)
- Implement search engine optimization strategies
- Design and conduct all social media campaigns
- Participate in the process of lead generation to the various sales channels
- Collateral material development and distribution
- Managing and creating sales promotions and contests
- Overseeing the design of product packaging
- Authoring standard presentation templates
- Engaging in market research and analysis to define trends and gain intelligence
- Creating and maintaining competitive data across various channels
- Customer relationship management and communications
- Write and manage all press and trade communications pieces
- 2+ years of progressive experience in a marketing role
- Experience in online marketing, email campaign management, and social media
- Preferably with experience in marketing intangible items, i.e., extended warranties, insurance, software.
- Post-secondary degree or Certificate in Business with a concentration in marketing
- Knowledge of French a definite asset
- Strong communication skills – ability to translate technical issues into business language as well as conduct in depth technical discussions.
- Problem solver who is accustomed to working independently with a significant amount of ambiguity
- Analytical and innovative – ability to collect data, analyze information and develop feasible recommendations.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- High level of computer proficiency: Windows/Word/Excel/Visio/PowerPoint/Salesforce.com/Twitter/Facbeook/Google+ etc.
C. Walker Group Inc. values diversity in the workplace, is committed to employment equity/equal opportunity employment, and will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.