At DIALOG, we’re passionate about design. We believe it can, and should meaningfully improve the wellbeing of communities – including those who inhabit them and the environment we share. We’ve come together because we see important challenges facing communities becoming increasingly complex and therefor best shared through diverse perspectives and expertise. We’re looking for exceptional people to capture our spirit and place DIALOG at the forefront of design thinking within our community.
The Vancouver MarCom Manager will get it done! Working in concert with the National Marcom team, you will manage a local team of proposal, graphic design and communication specialists to plan and deliver all marketing, communications and business development efforts. Quite simply, we want to change the conversation about architecture, engineering and design across all media outlets and we want you to help us lead the local discussion that’s aligned to our national strategy.
A perceptive, creative and strategic communications and management professional, the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of successful communication, marketing and proposal strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who can own projects, comfortably work within all levels of the firm, and has experience with managing others to deliver their best. Are you up for the challenge to help us tell our story?
If you are, YOU:
- Are highly creative, adept at managing others, while simultaneously meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects and people
- Have a strong business acumen and keen understanding of selling creative services
- A natural born resolution enthusiast who loves finding common ground and getting everyone on the same page to share in the success
- Love change and the incredible opportunities it can present!
- Have your finger on the pulse of current global events and local happenings, possessing the skills to identify and leverage hot opportunities to pull DIALOG to the forefront of design thinking and thought leadership discussions
- Know what it takes to win business and thrive in a fast-paced, owner-led environment
- Bring fresh-thinking as a self-starter who seeks constructive feedback while leading projects and your team with minimal supervision
- Possess the ability to make sound judgement, using tact and diplomacy along with a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- Play well with others and have superhuman project and time management skills. You readily bring people along with you. People like you!
How will YOU make an impact? (Your key responsibilities):
- Leverage your exceptional organizational skills, outstanding communication and presentation flair; you will be comfortable negotiating with our Principals, your peers and your staff to grow our amazing brand and win more work
- Manage a local team of specialists to ensure our National MarCom strategy is consistently applied across your region
- Attend weekly Principal meetings and participate in and/or lead discussions as they pertain to regional business development (including the “Go / No Go” analysis on RFP opportunities) proposal submissions and local activities like events and awards submissions
- Support your team on large pursuits and/or proposals including providing assistance to write/edit content, prepare presentation portfolios, and providing strategic interview support – you need to be able to step in when necessary to keep everyone on track!
- Collaborate with functional leads (HR, IT, Finance, and Operations etc.) to support internal marketing initiatives
- Be available to participate in co-lead, coordinate and/or project manage key firm-hosted events and conference participation throughout the year in your region
- Join relevant industry associations and participate in meetings as a DIALOG representative
- Manage the regional MarCom studio budgets and consistently find ways to optimize our spend
Been there; done that (Your skills and qualifications):
- University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience progressive business experience including 2+ years managing others
- 360 degree management experience; an ability to manage a broad range of project stakeholders from senior level partners to communications team members as well as additional internal and external resources
- Experience leading, developing and executing strategic marketing plans in times of change that get results
- Demonstrated experience in design and layout of communications materials and best practices for corporate brand development and awareness
- Proven experience developing staff and managing a variety of employees at every age and stage development
- Familiarity with proposal development and awards submission process
Additional ASSETS that turn our heads:
- Digital marketing expertise and hands-on experience with social media best practices, tools and systems
- Experience within a large professional services organization
- Demonstrated ability to herd cats; mostly house, some feral