Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, BC Region, the Manager, Marketing, BC Region will be responsible to provide marketing, events and sponsorship strategy and implementation support for the firm’s internal and external regional and national strategic priorities, the BC Leadership team, Industry and Alumni programs. The role will collaborate closely with the Manager, Communications, BC Region, on many initiatives.
The role supports the Vancouver and Fraser Valley offices.
The preferred candidate for this role will have an undergraduate degree in marketing, business, or communications or a post-graduate specialization along with seven to ten years of experience, preferably in a professional services or corporate environment. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated success in developing, managing and supporting marketing strategies and tactics from concept to completion. The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with internal and external senior decision makers and possess the ability to effectively deliver measureable marketing programs that align with business goals.
The position will suit a detail-oriented self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced, corporate environment, while still effectively managing multiple priorities to deadline. Experience working in teams and understanding how to effectively engage, motivate and lead teams without direct management accountability is a desired skill.
The role requires maintaining current knowledge of professional services marketing best practices, application of emerging technologies in marketing initiatives, regional business issues and trends, major regional community, charitable and arts institutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of professional services marketing best practices, channels, strategies and tactics
- Outstanding client service orientation
- Experience in analyzing and meeting client marketing needs and developing measureable marketing programs to meet them
- Supplier/sponsorship management background and skills
- Solid research skills
- Good understanding of graphic design, print, video/digital content production processes
- Ability to work with senior leadership and others to develop actionable and measureable marketing programs
Marketing and Communications Tactical Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong event planning, management and delivery skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills at leadership, partner and all staff levels
- Understanding of public and media relations processes Understanding of emerging social media and their application in a corporate setting
- Ability to make decisions under minimal supervision
- Ability to motivate and inspire top performance among teams without direct line accountability
- Ability to self-manage and determine solutions to address performance dynamics within team
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to execute under tight timelines, pressure and competing priorities
The person in this role will be exposed to confidential matters on certain projects and must maintain a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality in the handling of any firm or client material or information.
This position has no direct reports.
This role requires the flexibility to occasionally work outside of standard office hours as required. There may be a requirement to work in offsite locations where PwC events are held. Some lifting of boxes and materials and erecting display booths is required.
Allocation of Effort:
Marketing support for firm priorities - 70%
Sponsorship management - 15%
Alumni relations - 15%
Total - 100%