Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Creative Director
We’re looking for our number one fan.
OXD is a human-centred design and technology consulting firm working with clients across industries to solve complex, dynamic, and networked problems. Our Marketing Manager will write about our projects, our people, and other things we’re up to, and then get that word out to new and existing audiences.
Supported by a talented team of designers, strategists, developers, and researchers, the Marketing Manager will work with our sales team and company leadership to spread the message, “OXD is great, we’re different, work with us, here’s why!” Is that person you?
What you’ll be doing a lot of
- Marketing copywriting. Write intelligent and thought-provoking marketing content about OXD—including project case studies and insights—by talking to our expert practitioners and staff. Keep an ear out for all the things happening at OXD and make sure that the news on our website is… well, new. Write copy for our website, our whitepapers, social media, and more.
- Content wrangling (and copy editing and proofreading). You can’t write everything. So use your mysterious powers of persuasion and shipping-things to get our practitioners to write things for you, while helping them sound great. Also work with OXD’s Creative team to schedule design and asset creation for the marketing work we ship.
- Content marketing. It’s not enough to just write things. Use Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing techniques to help get our content in front of the right audiences.
- Marketing automation and email marketing. Use Hubspot to build automation flows, manage customer relationships, and grow our mailing list through one-off and ongoing campaigns.
- Website management. Own the OXD website, using our content management system to keep everything up to date. Work with our designers and developers to make sure our website keeps running smoothly. Make recommendations for improvements and then make those improvements happen. Monitor Google Analytics for any anomalies while keeping an eye on performance.
Other things you’ll be doing, as needed
- Market research. Working with sales and the leadership team, research potential leads, market trends, the competition, and the state of our numerous disciplines. This includes interviewing people and reading between the lines.
- Social media management. Keep our social channels active with news and other content that our peer practitioners and potential employees might find relevant and interesting.
- Brand management. Together with the Creative Director and the Design Director, you will own the OXD brand, keeping all our communications unified and consistent.
- Event coordination. Help us plan, promote, and execute the occasional expert webinar and other industry events that support our quarterly and annual strategic directions.
Are you a good fit?
- You write well, clearly, and accurately (and know that a little flair doesn’t hurt, either).
- Words are important, but you don’t get overly attached to them. You understand that great writing doesn’t just happen—it’s a process, and you’re eager for constructive feedback that helps you iterate towards perfection.
- You live to learn—every day—and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You’re sensitive towards the personal needs of others and the interpersonal dynamics of teams, and are comfortable managing your manager.
- You’re fanatical about doing the best work possible, but not at the expense of shipping things.
- You have a human-centered mindset that considers the audience first in all communications.
- While this role collaborates with lots of people from all across the company, it's a fairly independent position. You have the organization, motivation, and self-reliance to get things done.
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience in an agency or in-house marketing department
- A degree or a diploma in a marketing- or communications-related field
- Proven writing skills and experience
- Good presentation skills
- Experience using marketing automation tools and CRM applications
- Experience helping launch digital projects like websites, campaigns, or products
- Spreadsheet skills that help you organize, understand, and interpret data
Things that will give you an edge
- Proven project management experience
- You’ve written plenty of high-performing content marketing pieces in your time
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Experience managing WordPress-driven websites (or similar)
- Experience using Hubspot
- Experience using HootSuite
- You have experience interviewing stakeholders, customers, and other market actors to get actionable, qualitative data
- Experience working with brand guidelines and editorial style guides
- An almost fanatical obsession with oxford commas, single spaces after periods, em dashes, and sentence case