Status: Full time
Location: 10 King Street East, Suite 1100, Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: President & CEO
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Manager, Marketing is responsible for delivering innovative and effective marketing solutions to CSAE members, prospects and stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide marketing insight, expertise and consultation to staff.
This new position reflects CSAE’s intent to maintain and continue building its reputation as a provider of specific education and information to senior and mid-level staff who work for associations.
Central to CSAE’s mission and vision is the creation and distribution of leading-edge content and messages to members, prospective members and other key target audiences. This function is an important management component of CSAE’s strategy to increase value for members.
The Manager, Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing plan and budget that covers a wide array of member programs and services. The Manager will work closely with senior management and other staff to provide advice and guidance on marketing related issues.
The successful candidate is responsible for delivering effective marketing solutions that help all departments achieve their targets. In this role, you will manage all of the marketing conducted by CSAE. Keeping current on marketing technologies and practices and leveraging this knowledge to create effective plans that meet the unique needs of members will be critical to your success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to determine marketing needs, messaging and select the best channels to enhance CSAE’s brand and optimize return on investment.
- Develop the marketing plan and budget; execute on time and on budget.
- Plan and design marketing projects (i.e. scope development, approach, marketing channels, methodology, etc) as well as production of deliverables.
- Manage consultants, partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Manage project costs and negotiate with suppliers.
- Produce reports and presentations for staff or CSAE Board of Directors as needed.
- Manage marketing processes including but not limited to, design and print production.
- A degree, preferably in marketing, or equivalent education in a related field.
- Minimum three years marketing experience, including print, digital marketing and social media.
- Experience in moving an organization to a centralized marketing model.
- Experience providing support and management in a marketing, advertising and customer/client service environment.
- Background in creating messages, copywriting and proofing.
- Experience with sponsored online advertising, pay-per-click campaigns, analytics and understanding metrics for determining return on investment.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and handle tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience with the association sector is an asset.