The Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, currently operates in ten Canadian provinces, 49 U.S. States, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. The Home Depot Canada employs over 27,000 people, of all skill levels in full and part-time positions; including customer-facing store positions and store leaders. As a leader in employee development, The Home Depot Canada offers associates superior training through specialized colleges and hands-on coaching.
The Marketing Manager acts as the strategic lead for all marketing activities for a specific portfolio. They are accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies, to facilitate the successful implementation of cross portfolio strategies aligned to customer segments & business priorities for their portfolio.
- Develop strategic annual, season specific and monthly marketing plans for their portfolio utilizing consumer insights, sound marketing strategies and business metrics
- Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the candidate will be responsible for -
- Building close working relationships with key business/marketing partners to understand and influence business & marketing strategies, priorities, and direction to ensure business objectives are met.
- Developing category/portfolio specific marketing plans
- Incorporating consumer research & metrics into upfront planning
- Input into annual, seasonal and monthly marketing planning
- Developing marketing briefs and leading cross functional partners in the implementation of marketing plans
- Ensure strategies and marketing programs adhere to upfront plans and track to budget allocation.
- Delivering marketing ROI measures for their specific portfolio strategies
- Managing marketing budgets for the portfolio
- Leading additional projects for marketing team as required
- Liaising with US counterparts to ensure effective integration and use of resources
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of education and experience
- 5 years of progressively senior experience in marketing in a corporate environment
- Retail experience is an asset
- Teamwork, strong positive attitude and ability to quickly build strong relationships
- Ability to challenge and negotiate with partners where required while maintaining positive relationships
- Strong marketing acumen with experience building brands with an “ROI” focus.
- Must be able to work within a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
Thank you for applying to the Home Depot, Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity as an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.