Destination Ontario Marketing Manager contract
Destination Ontario has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to provide strategic leadership for Destination Ontario's brand positioning and campaign work.
Destination Ontario (previously known as the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation [OTMPC]) supports the Province's tourism economy by providing integrated, research-driven marketing programs that reinforce Ontario as a premier, four-season travel destination.
If you are a creative media-savvy marketing professional that is interested in delivering comprehensive channel strategies while developing and implementing innovative content-driven marketing initiatives, please consider this excellent employment opportunity with Destination Ontario.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy< https://www.ontario...ism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint< https://www.ontario...-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.c..ights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic marketing expertise in the delivery of a broad spectrum of marketing plans and campaigns;
- Lead and coordinate the planning, development, implementation, execution, and evaluation of advertising and marketing campaigns and initiatives to promote Ontario as a global travel destination, including developing project plans, promotions, marketing events and media engagement plans;
- Provide project leadership, and work collaboratively with advertising agencies to develop, monitor and oversee project plans and controls;
- Assess market research, studies, analyses, trends and priorities to support recommendations on innovative and creative development strategies;
- Monitor the work of advertising agencies contracted to develop and execute advertising campaigns to ensure alignment with approved marketing plans;
- Coordinate the creation, design, writing and editing of a wide variety of marketing materials;
- Establish and maintain effective business networks and liaison with industry partners and stakeholders.
How do I qualify?
- You have a strong background and knowledge in digital marketing across digital and traditional media channels, including the following: channel/content strategy, content creation, data-analysis, social ad-buying, working with influencers/third-party content creators, customer service/consumer care
- You have extensive knowledge of the principles, techniques, tools and strategies of the following: marketing, advertising, public relations, creative design and development, media/public relations, multi-media campaigns, place branding, social network advertising, media sites, banner ads, market research analysis and tourism promotions
- You have expertise in the coordination of mass media, new media marketing methods, advertising campaigns and consumer promotions, including creative methodologies, mass media vehicles and delivery mechanisms
Strategic Planning, Analytical and Influencing Skills
- You can plan, develop and deliver major, complex campaign strategies and long-term marketing programs within tight deadlines to meet large, critical organizational objectives
- You can assess opportunities and trends, and evaluate project outcomes, l channel performance, budget, deliverables and return on investment to make recommendations on new strategies, tools, options and approaches
- You have influencing skills to enlist support for new ideas
Project Management Skills
- You can develop and manage project plans, and coordinate campaign planning while overseeing external service providers, and associated contracts, and evaluating project progress and deliverables
- You can establish and lead cross-functional project teams to deliver on various initiatives
- You can develop cost estimates and budgets, and deliver projects on time and within the established cost parameters
Partnership and Agency Relationship Skills
- You have knowledge of advertising and retail agencies' roles and processes
- You have knowledge of influencer marketing and subsequent agency negotiation processes
- You can develop effective partnerships to work collaboratively and negotiate with agencies, suppliers and stakeholders to achieve business goals
- You can write, communicate and present strategic plans, marketing reports and creative briefing materials to senior management
- You can ensure information is delivered in a clear and concise manner that is appropriate for publications and/or distribution
Creativity and Media Savviness
- You are on top of current trends in marketing and digital media
- You can demonstrate creativity in how to leverage trends and new media to achieve desired content and marketing objectives
Salary Range: $74,877 - $110,338 Per Year
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!