The Marketing Manager is responsible for the Group Sales & Tourism Marketing strategy and implementation with a goal to optimize NAC’s group sales revenue in addition to the NAC’s exposure within North American travel markets. This position is accountable for leading the marketing team in overarching multi-disciplinary departmental projects, the marketing for The Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards Gala and seeking additional opportunities to optimize the NAC’s reach. External strategic partnership relationship management is a critical part of this role.
The Marketing Manager oversees the supervision of the Group Sales Marketing Coordinator and the Graphics Team. This role is deemed a senior member of the Marketing Team and is in charge of the day-to-day marketing functions and the implementation of strategies. In collaboration with the Director and the Marketing Management Team, the Marketing Manager participates in the development of the overall goals, direction and strategic priorities for the Department.
- Bilingualism in both official languages (english/french) is a requirement;
- 5 years experience in a Marketing Officer role in addition to a degree in Marketing, Communications or Business;
- Working knowledge of standard office computer softwares including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics, ACT!;
- Experience in a supervisory role;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to coordinate a variety of projects and activities with staggered deadlines simultaneously;
- Enthusiastic team player with strong leadership skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of current trends in business including an understanding of the marketing, tourism, corporate and hospitality environment of the National Capital region;
- Sales experience including cold calling, prospecting, closing, letter writing and giving presentations;
- Experience working Tourism Marketplaces;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with a high degree of professionalism;
- Possess a combination of creative and analytical thinking and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Understanding of the Performing Arts;
- Must be willing to travel, drivers licence is a requirement;