he Institute of Internal Auditors is seeking a bilingual marketing professional to join an Ottawa-based management team dedicated to the creation and development of The IIA's Canadian Institute. Reporting to the Executive Director, the essential responsibilities of the Marketing manager will include: .
- Developing and presenting drafts and ideas to senior staff and the IIA Canadian leadership for discussion on messaging to various stakeholders, included but not limited to individual members, government bodies and corporate audit groups.
- Managing the design of marketing programs and the creation of marketing collateral and following the project life cycle from creation to completion.
- Collaborating with external graphic designers to establish the concept of the design for all marketing pieces.
- Providing copy development for marketing collateral (newsletters, brochures, electronic media etc.) including creating new copy, editing or re-writing existing copy to develop collateral that drives interest and motivates individuals to act on a communication.
- Ensuring consistent branding for the Canadian Institute is present in all marketing initiatives.
- Maintaining positive media relations for the Institute and the internal audit profession in Canada.
- Ensure all branding is in alignment with IIA Global headquarters brand standards.
- Tracking and reporting of metrics related to all marketing initiatives (includes tracking of source codes, conversion rates, and online click-thru rates.)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of related experience and/or training in marketing, advertising, public relations, corporate communications or copywriting. Knowledge of methods and principles for promoting an industry or profession in Canada that has been gained through work experience in a relevant national association. Bilingualism is imperative.
About the Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA), is the recognized leader of the internal audit profession and continues to strive to meet the ever-changing needs of our growing global membership. Established in 1941, The IIA is an international professional association of more than 150,000 members providing certification, education, research, and guidance. Our mission is to be the global voice of the internal auditing profession: advocating its value, promoting best practice, and providing exceptional service to its members.
There are more than 7,000 internal auditors in Canada. Governing bodies and senior management rely on internal auditing for objective assurance and insight on the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, and internal control processes to help the organization achieve its strategic, operational, financial, and compliance objectives.