Marketing Manager, Ontario
Sotheby’s International Realty Canada is looking for a tech-savvy Marketing Manager with a friendly and client-service oriented personality to support our sales team in the Greater Toronto Area. You will collaborate with a talented, in-house graphic design and marketing team, as well as external suppliers, to support the planning and execution of marketing/advertising deliverables for our agents. Based out of our Toronto office, the successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in marketing project management and consultation, with the ability to deliver quality work while juggling many clients, priorities and deadlines. Real estate brokerage or real estate development marketing experience is an asset, but not essential if you have a genuine interest in the industry.
Sotheby's International Realty Canada has over 30 offices nation-wide with close to 600 agents and is the world’s most prestigious real estate and lifestyle brand. Our marketing platform showcases real estate through ads in top-tier digital and print media, and on a consumer website that attracts over 15 million annual pageviews on sothebysrealty.ca, as well as dozens of premier websites.
If you are interested in an opportunity to elevate your career with a company renowned for brand excellence, technology innovation, and stellar client service, we’d love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
Marketing Account Services
Provide white-glove marketing service to our team of exceptional real estate agents/brokers:
- Actively cultivate and grow relationships with agents/brokers in order to understand business needs and craft the best strategic and tactical approach.
- Act as a key point of contact and advisor for agents/brokers on marketing projects, and a “go-to” when discussing project plans, requirements, schedules, requests, costs/estimates, status, etc.
- Align agents’/brokers’ needs with our solutions to help them achieve goals, uncover opportunities and drive long-term value.
Marketing Planning & Execution
Regularly consult with brokers agents to identify their marketing needs, then help them develop and execute a marketing plan to maximize the effectiveness of their budget, resources and desired business outcomes. Provide hands-on project management support from planning through to execution:
- Provide creative and strategic marketing recommendations and develop customized marketing plans that may include website marketing, email marketing, print advertising, digital advertising, (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube), social media, postcard/direct mail drops and more.
- In consultation with the company’s media planner, advise on media buys and budget allocations for agents, including exclusive Sotheby’s International Realty print/digital advertising opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between agents and the graphic design team to communicate and coordinate the delivery of associated materials.
- Act as a key consultant for agents representing real estate developments to identify their marketing needs, then help them develop and execute a marketing plan to maximize the effectiveness of their budget, resources and desired outcomes.
- Support the management of third-party agencies and suppliers to support marketing needs.
Marketing Project Management
Manage the design and production of best-in-class print, event and digital marketing materials for agents with the graphic design team. This involves template-based and custom-designed materials including:
- Digital: email blasts/templates, website templates, online banner ads and social media assets
- Print: ads, property brochures, property feature sheets, listing presentations, just listed/sold postcards, listing presentations, signage, brochures
- Collect, organize and make quality control edits to all source materials including photos and videos.
- Ensure accuracy of all proofs and submissions, including copyediting and proofreading.
- Manage pre- and post-production, ensuring high quality printing/production and timely delivery of all marketing materials.
- Work with the Director of Marketing Services, Ontario to balance the department's daily workflow, including design, agent training and other tasks to ensure greatest efficiency and service.
- With the support of the Director of Marketing Services, Ontario and National Creative Director, stay up-to-date and ensure that local agents are up-to-date, on global and national brand, marketing and technology tools and resources, as well as brand standards.
- Communicate and reinforce brand requirements to agents while maintaining the highest level of client service.
- Support the delivery of national and international marketing, technology, digital, social media and public relations initiatives as required.
Sales Support and Technology Training
Provide professional, friendly and deadline-conscious support training to agents:
- Provide regular brand orientation and marketing training sessions for agents to familiarize them with marketing and technology resources, tips, tricks and tools.
- Provide agents and staff with timely answers to questions on corporate marketing initiatives and brand standards.
You are a dedicated and empathetic client and team manager, who communicates with professionalism, adapts readily to different situations and people, and are genuinely invested in the people/team you work with. You offer:
- Min. 5 years marketing experience in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment required, preferably in an agency, real estate brokerage or professional services environment.
- Diverse marketing experience, including digital advertising, social media marketing (organic and paid), email marketing, print advertising, print collateral production and event production.
- Tech-savvy with expertise utilizing marketing technology and metrics/reporting software such as CRMs, email marketing systems (e.g. HubSpot, MailChimp), as well as metrics/reporting software such as Google Analytics
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, competing priorities, objectives and deadlines.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English.
- Experience and ability in delivering small group presentations.
- Desire to contribute to a small/medium sized business environment, which requires being proactive and willing to roll up sleeves and “get things done.”
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Completion of post-secondary certification or degree in marketing, or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Competency in Adobe InDesign, as well as Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator a significant asset.
- Experience and interest in using an enterprise-level CRM (e.g. HubSpot, Salesforce) is a significant asset.
Sotheby’s International Realty Canada offers a competitive compensation plan.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!