Marketing Manager - National Promotion - 14 month contract
The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee all national promotions for the Canadian Business including strategy and execution of marketing tactics for a 14 month contract position. This person will work cross-functionally with Sr. Leadership, Marketing and buyers to ensure all marketing campaigns are executed flawlessly across the marketing tool kit. Reporting into the Sr. Marketing Manager, this person will be directly responsible for PetSmart’s Flyer program (printed and digital), creative project management, and will directly manage 2 creative designers.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills through information gathering and problem solving
- Coordinates and collaborates with business partners to achieve and deliver business results
- Delivers detail oriented work on time and within budget
- Analyzes data and trends and formulates in-depth recommendations or solutions for promotional engagement.
- Manages and plans complex project schedules
- Exceptional Communication skills - Communicating clearly across all levels, departments and with our vendor partners
- Thinks critically and creatively to leverage new ideas
- Shows passion for our business, people, and pets
- Lead all national promotion planning and work cross functionally with leaders to gain Canadian alignment.
- Manage Canadian Flyer Program (Printed and Digital). Own creative process, pagination, and audit (offers and skus)
- Direct responsibility for 2 creative designers, their work stream, and project prioritization.
- Manage 2 agency partners to ensure effective targeting, increased engagement and strategic business planning.
- Act as key lead for Black Friday and Holiday for all promotion planning, store communications and marketing.
- Lead all promotional TV (vendor, weekend events, in-store demos).
- Manage monthly business review process and work directly with marketing team to summarize results.
- Act as key marketing representation for the Dog category team to ensure dog business priorities are being met.
- Lead and execute special projects that are identified by the business as key priorities as needed.
This role with manage 2 creative designers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and min 5 years experience preferably in retail industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be motivated, flexible, with strong organizational and team skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.