Overall responsibility for managing & driving RJS Craft Wine Brand portfolio, including design, packaging, segmentation, positioning, profitability, pricing & new product development. Provide marketing & sales support to key customers, planning, development & the execution of national marketing promotions that drive volume, profit & share growth for RJS Brands. Work closely with the sales team to build programs which ensure RJS is the industry leader in sales strategy & execution. Build awareness and loyalty for key product lines and RJS & develop programs which bring new consumers into the market. Create & execute strategies which grow the industry & drive the RJS portfolio to create greater profit & provide a better consumer experience.
- Manage the marketing business planning cycle and the development and execution of the brands’ annual strategic plan
- Establish brand objectives, strategies and tactics to ensure growth and brand profitability.
- Work with key stakeholders including Sales and RJS retailers to seamlessly integrate marketing plans and programs to ensure profitable brand growth.
- Identify innovation and renovation opportunities, gain key stakeholder support and drive development through the New Product Development process.
- Develop and recommend pricing strategies and liaise with Sales to define optimal promotional support strategies to drive incremental sales and share.
- Plan and oversee digital strategy, promotional activities, and in-store promotions, identifying opportunities to leverage programming across a broad retail customer base that includes both Canada and the United States.
- Manage day to day work flow of the department and oversee the workload of two direct reports, working cross functionally to manage project progress, ensure consistent follow up communication and delivery against agreed to timelines.
- Provide evaluation of effectiveness of promotional programs, product packaging and formulation, etc and manages adjustments as required to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Manage and track brand budgets to ensure programs meet spending parameters and provides Finance with accurate and timely reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Five years experience within a direct brand management function.
- Experience working with retailers and in a retail environment an asset
- Experienced working within the Wine category and industry an asset.
- Experience Managing people
- Ability to simultaneously manage various projects and timelines.
- Financial budget management and fiscal planning
- Strong skills in organizing, planning and presentation of brand related programs.
- Thorough understanding of online media