Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Retail Marketing & Merchandising Manager
This role will focus on the development of retail marketing & merchandising solutions from creating the displays and POP to managing the creative agencies/vendors along with managing the related project budgets for the branded retail channel (Samsung Experience Stores). This individual will have responsibility for a $5M budget while working collaboratively with Sales, MARCOM and Product Managers to enhance our in-store customer experience. Responsible for conceiving and leading the creation of in-store events and managing a coordinator whose main responsibility is event logistics across all of our stores.
Marketing & Merchandising Planning & Execution – 50%
- Develop and execute comprehensive retail marketing plans to support the branded retail channel
- Lead the development and execution of a monthly planogram
- Liaise with MARCOM to ensure POP and digital content is coordinated with the overarching ATL campaigns
- Drive programs to increase in-store traffic and liaise with mall management to seek out opportunities
- Brief and direct agencies for the creation of retail merchandising POP (print & digital)
- Liaise with HQ and/or NAHQ to source/acquire retail merchandising materials/assets
- Support related retail programs i.e. Financing, Extended Warranty, Service etc… developing plans to effectively integrate into the applicable retail formats
- Work with Product Managers to develop merchandising solutions for all IM products in store to support;
- New products introductions
- Ongoing product refreshes
- Review execution results to ensure deficiencies are remedied quickly and ROI targets are achieved
Project Management & Budgeting – 35%
- Prepare and share retail marketing project plans & schedules with project stakeholders
- Lead and/or attend and participate in project status meetings involving project stakeholders
- Review and obtain stakeholder & legal approvals for all retail marketing support materials including respective landlords and customer partners
- Prepare budgets, track and reconcile all related retail marketing expenses
- Oversee preparation of PUMI, PP, EO documentation for all managed retail marketing projects
Leadership – 15%
- Provide direction to retail specialist who will own creation and event management across all Samsung Experience Stores with particular emphasis on Eaton Center
- Be the voice internally on the needs of SES with regards to visual merchandising
- Link with HQ team to leverage retail marketing materials for use in channel and share best practices
- Maintain working knowledge of channel and competitive OEM merchandising solutions for IM products and general retail best practices to leverage for SECA
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
Manage or support special retail marketing projects
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or related field from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent experience in the telecommunications industry.
In depth working knowledge of retail fixture/display/POP design, build and execution
Working knowledge of the consumer electronics industry
Should have working knowledge and understanding of general retail best practices
Superior project management skills, including the ability to prepare written plans and schedules, identify objectives, create promotional materials, coordinate and direct project teams, manage creative developers and manage budgets
Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preparation skills.
- 5-8 years of experience in retail development with a successful record of delivering breakthrough retail solutions (shops, fixtures, displays, POP)
- Proven record of managing multi-million dollar retail projects with full budget accountability
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations using a variety of methods
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.