With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Corporate Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing, advertising and promotional strategies while managing communications between the organization and our clients, the media, and the public. The role will work closely with key business leaders to understand their specific marketing challenges, provide advice, develop marketing plans, and to execute them. The role is a “manager/doer” role where the individual will be involved in converting agreed to plans into action with the assistance of our marketing support team, both directly and indirectly reporting to this role.
- Report to the Global Director, Marketing & Communications, and collaborate closely with other senior members of the marketing & communications team.
- Directly manage a small team of resources and involve others in marketing support roles.
- Work closely with key business leaders including our senior leadership team to identify, develop and execute marketing and client communications strategies to support their specific goals.
- Develop project charters for corporate marketing and client communications programs to ensure the appropriate business sponsorship, compliance with other communications programs, required approvals, clarity in deliverables and timing, and the allocation of resources.
- Analyze market trends, competitors and clients and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Develop marketing materials including brochures, advertisements, newsletters, case studies, project stories, white papers, articles and other publications either in print or electronic format (i.e. web and social media).
- Develop external communications materials including press releases, speeches, briefings, media relations, and corporate social media.
- Manage marketing and client communication programs from planning through to implementation including providing hands-on support while managing resources, timelines and deliverables from other team members,
- Measure, analyze and report on the performance of our marketing and client communications initiatives and make improvement recommendations based on insights, best practices and experience.
- Identify, prioritize and develop crisis communication plans, and communicate these to our leadership team.
- Seek out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to reaching our clients and communicating our key messages to them.
- A degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or communications
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a corporate role with global experience addressing different cultures and organizations
- Solid understanding of marketing, media relations, public relations and client communications strategies and execution
- Planning, writing, editing and project management skills
- Proficiency in the development of various print and electronic marketing and client communications with hands-on capability
- Role requires an individual with business acumen, confidence, excellent judgment and interpersonal skills that can consult, influence and collaborate with colleagues across different levels, geographies and business groups
- Superior people and relationship skills are critical to this role as well as the ability to work independently and possess strong judgment on when to escalate issues.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.