External Posting Description
Deloitte’s Knowledge & Research team seeks a permanent full-time Knowledge Officer to join our team. This role will support our ERS practice by facilitating efficient and effective knowledge transfer to support practice priorities. The Knowledge Officer will work directly with ERS practitioners and leaders as well as coordinate with Knowledge & Research to uphold our knowledge acquisition program. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Knowledge & Research, the Knowledge Officer will be located in our downtown Toronto office and will spend significant time with our ERS practitioners.
- Supports the ERS business strategy and promotes participation in the firm’s knowledge management strategy.
- Develops strong relationships with key ERS practitioners and the leadership team in order to drive knowledge sharing practices.
- Actively works with the practice to facilitate and share “best in class” content via the firm’s knowledge and collaboration platforms. Works with practitioner groups responsible for KM community sites and builds network of knowledge champions across the country to participate in knowledge gathering and dissemination.
- Communicates knowledge best practices by developing, coordinating, and delivering KM-related learning curriculum and providing ad-hoc guidance as required.
- Implements and/or operationalizes processes, mechanisms and knowledge products to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Harvests/curates content to ensure that critical knowledge is readily available to our practitioners on the right platforms.
- Responds to immediate knowledge requests pertaining to proposal and practitioner support.
- Maintains ERS intranet site and contributes content (when appropriate) to the firm’s global knowledge management platforms.
- Monitors and reports to stakeholders on use of associated tools: contribution and access statistics including basic trends, benchmark, progress, performance and value analysis for ROI purposes.
- Ensures that all published content meets copyright, cleansing, confidentiality, privacy, quality and other standards.
- Coordinates with the firm’s KM community (service line knowledge officers, global KM) as well as the firm’s enabling areas (Learning, Talent, Quality & Risk, Marketing & Sales Support)when appropriate.
- Supports new company acquisitions by participating in the integration of new intellectual property (in conjunction with the firm’s Integration Leader).
- Provides KM training and onboarding to new ERS practitioners and leaders.
External Posting Qualifications
- Post-graduate degree in Information Science (MLS, MLIS, MIS) or a related undergraduate degree with strong knowledge of information architecture (non-development), information systems management, data governance and taxonomy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a business environment, preferably a consulting or professional services firm
- Strong understanding of knowledge and content management principles, with a focus on developing best practices for creating and disseminating content to support business objectives
- Experience managing knowledge repositories and intranet sites, preferably SharePoint 2010, 2013
- Proven client service background with excellent verbal, written and visualization skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency
- Effective problem-solving skills to resolve issues within areas of responsibility
- Motivated, self-directed and able to build a collaborative team with little supervision
- Ability to build strong networks across the firm to develop sponsorship, relationships and support for KM goals at all levels of the business
- Bilingual skills; knowledge of French and/or Spanish considered a strong asset
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.