Thompson Educational Publishing (TEP) is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic new team member for the exciting new role of Kto12 Program Manager.
As a leader in the Health and Physical Education publishing space, TEP is looking to become even further immersed with teachers, schools, school boards and ministries across the country. TEP is on the brink of expanding even further in this market, and is looking for a leader to help develop and manage our marketing strategies and activities to maximize TEP's potential in this market.
The Kto12 Program Manager will be responsible for running TEP’s exciting Kto12 marketing program. The position involves taking a leadership role in ensuring TEP meets its unique and demanding marketing objectives. TEP is looking for a highly organized, results-driven candidate with a “get-it-done” attitude, who can contribute creative, intelligent ideas to TEP's small team. The successful candidate will be open to wearing multiple hats when required to "get the job done."
Duties and Responsibilities
The Kto12 Program Manager will be responsible for successfully executing TEP’s Kto12 marketing initiatives. Some of the specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing yearly marketing objectives and strategy. Responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring all marketing initiatives. Responsible for regular reporting to management.
- Manage multiple marketing initiatives including “Teacher-Leader” programs across the country.
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for all new titles
- Ensure product messaging is carefully- and creatively-crafted, relevant and consistent for target customers. Responsible for distribution of this messaging through various media: soon-to-be-launched new website, social media, print media, online community, etc.
- Work closely with the other TEP team members to ensure consistent brand and product messaging across all aspects of the business, including sales, customer service, tech support, order fulfillment, etc.
- Manage and organize promotional events. This includes managing conference sponsorships, exhibit booths, conference sessions, product in-services, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers/contacts. Embody TEP’s culture of great customer service and teacher/student success
- Understand TEPs products and markets intimately; strong desire to become a product expert
- Light or moderate travel may be required at certain times throughout the year, mainly in Canada.
TEP is looking for an individual who is creative, enthusiastic, and who meets the following criteria:
- University Degree in a relevant field (marketing, PR, advertising, media, business). General passion for great marketing is required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing or related position
- Passionate about Health and Physical Education
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting in front of an audience
- Proven ability to create engaging marketing content/messaging
- Experience managing a small team will be considered an asset
- Graphic Design skills will be considered an asset
- Teaching experience (in any environment) will be considered an asset
- Proven leadership, project management, organization, and time management skills
- Fast learner, able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Creative, hard-working, “people” person, with a sense of humour
- Excellent written and oral skills