LIJA is a Canadian-owned private company based in Vancouver, British Columbia where we design golf, tennis and active apparel to inspire healthy, active lifestyles for women around the world.
We are looking for an individual that has in-depth experience marketing a consumer brand and who has a passion for creating and implementing innovative marketing strategies. Ideally, this person has been with a company through significant growth.
Reporting to the President & Creative Director, the ideal candidate must believe in excellence in strategic planning, communication and customer service. He/she must be an “out of the box” thinker with a conscience for fiscal responsibility and is willing to roll up their sleeves as needed.
Leadership, communication and priority management skills are critical as this person will need to have the ability to translate our company/brand vision both internally and to our consumers and partners.
- Assist in developing annual Brand Strategy
- Communicate the company’s vision through a brand strategy encompassing all marketing avenues including catalogs, collateral, packaging, social media, POP, tradeshow booth, website, advertising & promotions
- Define, implement and champion LIJA’s brand standards guide
- Lead on-going evaluation and improvement of brand strength in market
- Develop LIJA’s annual Marketing Strategy/Plan to support the company’s vision & brand objectives
- Effectively communicate the annual marketing plan internally and assist in implementation of initiatives
- Create & manage the marketing timeline & social media content calendar
- Develop and manage the marketing budget
- Create and manage annual PR campaigns/strategy collectively with part-time external PR firm
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of the design & production of LIJA’s seasonal photo shoots, brand books/catalogues and other related marketing collateral
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of seasonal photo shoots
- Collaborate in the on-going strategic planning of our web/e-commerce site
- Lead review of programs, improve program effectiveness and communicate recommendations or changes for future planning
Management & Leadership
- Manage, direct and develop a highly motivated team of internal and contractual creative staff
- Must have the ability to evaluate the marketing team’s needs as the company grows and make recommendations for improvement with fiscal accountability
- Develop, manage and challenge public relations and creative campaigns with external PR firm
- Encourage the adoption of LIJA’s value system, philosophy, vision & mission internally among all departments
- Engage and report on seasonal trend analysis
- Evaluate success of LIJA’s marketing initiatives and make recommendations for change on an on-going basis
- Research and understand key competitors, trends and consumer needs in each market.
The candidate holds a marketing degree/diploma and has 5+ years experience in Marketing. This would include 1+ years of managing and developing staff. He/she must have experience developing, managing and implementing an annual marketing plan and its budget. This person must have experience negotiating contracts with external creative partners. Experience and knowledge of marketing a consumer brand is a plus.
As a busy brand experiencing growth, LIJA requires a Marketing Manager with proven project management and implementation skills. This person can manage multiple projects of different levels of priority and importance with a high level of detail and excellence. He/she must have excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
LIJA requires a strong leader that has the ability to communicate effectively. This person is able to translate business and marketing strategies to the LIJA team and to consumers. He/she embodies LIJA’s vision and values. The candidate has the ability to think out of the box and confidently contribute to the strategic planning process & communicate ideas effectively. In addition, this person has the ability to lead and challenge the team providing support where necessary.
It is necessary for this person to have had experience in which they have had to think and act strategically. This person must be able to “see the big picture” yet understand and be able to pay attention to detail. As LIJA is entering a crucial phase of business growth, an individual with proven problem solving skills, passion and innovation is vital.
This candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively at various levels of the business: amongst senior management, other staff and with external contract partners. She/he must have excellent verbal and written skills.
LIJA is looking for someone that is creative, passionate and can add value to a wonderful team of individuals. The self-motivated person needs to be a team player and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The ideal candidate has a “can do” attitude, can think on their feet and has the ability to influence others with their enthusiastic, positive outlook.
Other key characteristics: versatility, confidence, commitment and dedication.