We are Blonyx, a rapidly growing company aiming to change the supplement industry status quo by manufacturing simple and understandable supplements for elite level athletes. Our motto is: Simplicity in products, depth in science and integrity in marketing.
We are growing rapidly and have a need for an entrepreneurial, ambitious marketeer to support this growth through driving existing athlete sponsorship, event management, digital and offline marketing programs as well as contributing to our ongoing marketing strategy.
Working with the senior management team and reporting directly to the CEO, this is an excellent opportunity to raidly progress your marketing career - ideal for those with ambitions to become a marketing director. It involves working with an international team and involves travel throughout the US, Canada and likely Europe too.
This position is ideal for a confident, driven and dynamic individual who isn’t intimidated by working with elite level athletes, building relationships with business owners or rolling up their sleeves and working hard to get the job done. In return we offer a fun and social working environment with mentorship, training and support. We also offer flexibility in working hours - because work should be an enjoyable part of your life.
Working remotely with a team of 9 people - including a designer, web programmer, operations manager, content developer and a social media manager - to implement various on and offline marketing projects such as:
- Management of social media planning and strategy with the social media manager
- The design and production of new apparel
- Management of the sponsored athlete program
- Marketing material development and production
- Developing new product launch strategies and initiatives
- Testing new products on target groups
- Analysing digital marketing and other marketing data to fine tune initiatives
- Website strategy and management
- Content strategy development for social media
- Planning and implementing small to large scale events ranging from photo shoots to national competitions
- Marketing project development and Management
- Place online banners and product reviews
- PR and promotions for the company, staff and athletes
As an individual you must be confident, direct, strong minded and have lots of initiative and assertiveness. You will need to have no fear of picking up the phone, making a decision under pressure or asking a difficult questions to get things done.
- You will love a challenge and not be afraid of making mistakes in order to learn
- Have the confidence to lead and make decisions on your own
- Be social in nature and love building relationships and developing your network
- A desire to work as part of a team without an onus on seniority - Everyone rolls up their sleeves and does what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to quickly learn and use IT systems, web apps and staff processes and then be comfortable working to improve these processes.
- The desire and confidence that you will quickly progress in your role with Blonyx
- Marketing Project Management/implementation
- At least two year's Marketing experience, and ideally marketing at degree level (or additional experience to match)
- An eye for design and an understanding of digital marketing/social media marketing
- Good experience in digital marketing - from social media management to adword and retargeting based marketing
- Experience understanding google analytics and translating data into action is ideal but not essential
- Basic level usage of design programs such as photoshop - or a quick learner
- Event management experience
- Experience managing designers, printers and other contractors as part of marketing project management
- Management of people (can be staff, working as part of a team, as part of a sports team etc)
- Understanding and experience of CrossFit is ideal but not essential for the right person
This post is based in Vancouver, BC. After an initial probation period you will be given flexibility in your working schedule.
Salary will be dependent on experience, but expect both a reasonable starting salary and scope to rapidly build on that.
Interviews will be taking place as and when applications are received, so the earlier you apply the more chance of success. If the job posting is up the position is still open.
More About Blonyx
Blonyx is an intelligent supplement brand focused on providing products to elite level athletes.
We believe in challenging the supplement industry status quo. We do this by ignoring the marketing led demand for the usual whey protein and pre-workout formulas and instead use our scientific expertise to survey the published science to select ingredients that simply have the best research profiles.
The result is a range of carefully selected products that are safe, free of fillers or additives and highly effective at improving performance. We keep them simple so that they are easy to research - we want the athletes using our products to understand what they are putting in their bodies.
We believe that this is our responsibility to the elite level athletes we provide products to. We want to be seen as the bridge between the research coming out of universities and athletic institutes and the competitor on the training floor.