Marketing Manager, CBC Gem & CBC Listen (English Services) - TOR08927 full-time
Marketing Manager, CBC Gem & CBC Listen (English Services) - TOR08927
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Toronto
Position Language Requirement: English Only
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
You are a creative, dynamic and strategic thinker with a passion for entertainment. As Marketing Manager you will help lead the strategy and planning for CBC’s digital streaming products to continue to build brand awareness and consideration for our products and content offerings. It’s important that you have a good understanding of the audio and video streaming market in Canada, and are familiar with our programming.
You will be responsible for delivering innovative campaigns that drive awareness of CBC Gem and CBC Listen, acquiring new audiences, with a focus on CBC’s digital objectives and performance. You value diversity of thought and experience, and thrive in a work culture that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful. You will work with teams from across the CBC including Product, Digital Business Operations, Programming, User Experience & Design and Media Solutions.
You have demonstrated experience marketing digital products and/or brands through their lifecycle, translating brand strategies into marketing plans, and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns using data and insights. You are someone that excels at building strong relationships and leading through collaboration and influence.
Perks you can look forward to:
- Competitive total rewards package;
- Hybrid work environment with flexible work schedules, allowing you to prioritize yourself, your family and your work (subject to change in future);
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge technology;
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development;
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups;
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected;
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity.
- Lead planning, product marketing strategies and campaign execution - owned and paid media, to drive brand awareness and audience growth, for CBC Gem and CBC Listen.
- Define, build and execute positioning and go-to-market strategy for new streaming products and develop cross-channel marketing campaigns.
- Be a brand and product champion, ensuring consistency of positioning and messaging for our digital products across all marketing communications touchpoints including PR, social media, performance marketing, engagement and lifecycle marketing and partner marketing.
- Initiate and contribute to consumer insight and market research projects to better understand our target audiences and inform strategic decisions.
- Assist in budget and media planning, and ensure campaigns are delivered within budgets and timeframes.
- Develop strategic campaign briefs based on audience insights and industry trends, and lead campaign development with Creative team, ensuring campaigns are delivered on brief and reflect brand guidelines.
- Work closely with internal Creative and Marketing teams to deliver integrated marketing campaigns; establish collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to deliver projects.
- Analyze and communicate marketing performance and learnings to stakeholders.
- Support and develop two Senior Communications Officers.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- A highly experienced marketer with an understanding of brand strategy and customer lifecycle, and minimum 5 years experience developing marketing strategies and plans, and executing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience building marketing strategies for digital brands and/or products, preferably with a focus on growing digital video and/or audio audiences or mobile apps.
- Experience using audience insights and research to inform a brand strategy, marketing plan and effective campaign briefs.
- Knowledge of media industry; strong understanding of the OTT landscape and trends.
- Knowledge of and affinity for CBC programming.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Highly-collaborative with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- A proactive self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, able to critically evaluate ideas and information.
- Ability to manage budgets and analyze efficiency of marketing initiatives.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.